Forced feedback feeling (much!) better in devmode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

After being busy a few days in devmode with the Indycar, I thought I'd treat myself to a few laps in normal mode.
    When in devmode, I had to put down the ffb to 0.5 strength and filter up to 8. I didn't pay attention that much to it at the time, but I felt every little thing in the road and the car under- or oversteering. Still without giving it much thought, I had in my mind: "this ffb is awesome, why didn't I notice that before?"

Now in normal mode........its like having a wheel without ffb! The feeling is weak, very weak. I don't feel much other than hitting something or going over a curb; understeer or oversteer; no. Little bumps in the road; not at all!
    I was running 0.6 and 4 and made that 1.0 and 0 and the result was; the wheel hammers when you touch something, but it is still just as weak.

Reset of the controller file had no use.
    Settings (and setup!) are the same, car and track are the same........what else can it be?

Or is this just the way it is; in normal game its just -sorry to say- crap, compared to devmode?
    Anyone else noticed this?
    What can I do, where to look? Any ideas?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, that's not normal. I've done a mod for league use and tested the FFB levels in devmode and the single/multi side, and they were identical.

If you're talking about the DW12, it's encrypted so it's unlikely you have exactly the same thing in devmode. You might want to consider your response carefully :)

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Not normal? Huh.......I have something on my hands then :(
    I already swapped out the controller file with devmode and the player file too; still the same........

Lets just leave it to; I have exactly the same version of the DW12 in devmode........no need to unpack everything.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good point lol

Then I don't know why it would be different. Sorry.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, you assigned your Wheel to different Profiles. The controller.json is one part, but in the folder controller, there are the wheel files...

//Edit: check Ingame, wich wheel profil is loaded.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I have yet to look into that; I let you know how that turns out as I havent thought of that!
    Thanks!

7. stonec

stonec Registered

The wheel JSON files are only loaded if you load the wheel profile manually, once you do that it's all copied to your Controller.JSON. So it's enough to copy your own controller file unless you play with many wheels and many profiles.