For those having issues with the updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, May 24, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

If you are having problems, follow these steps:

1. Consider this a new game. Don't update, but do a total fresh install of build 85. Uninstall build 69 completely including the rFactor2 folder in Documents.

I can't tell you how important that is guys. Yes, delete the folder with your profile, controller config, and setups. You don't need them anymore. Start everything fresh. Let the build 85 install create a new folder.

Don't use anything from the old build 69 including setups and controller config. It will avoid issues and it's better for testing.

2. Hopefully you already have a folder with all the old rfmods. Just add the updated ones to that folder. If not, consider creating one.

I have a folder on a 2nd drive called ISI mods. Only ISI content goes in there and I point Mod Manger to it when installing.

3. Open Mod Manager and install and fully update each mod one by one. Make sure you have ALL the released rfmods from ISI in one folder before starting this.

4. Run Configure Sim and you're done. Go play :)

It may seem like a hassle to redo all your setups and controller configs, etc for every update, but during the beta period things are changing with each build so it's really best to start from scratch on each update.

It also solves a lot "update problems". I see posts where people have wasted a lot of time trying to update.

Just do everything fresh. Start from nothing and consider it a new game you are installing for the first time ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I can confirm this is the BEST way to proceed.

Just a fresh install from scratch, after a complete clean up of the previous build installation and rF2 folder structure. It works perfect without any kind of problem.

+1.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

really helpfull thnx

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Is this the correct order for install....

1....save packages folder, then delete entire b69
    2...install b85
    3...install all ISI mods{F35, 60's, Megane, GTWE v1}
    4...install v1.1 F35
    6...install v1.2 F35
    6...install all new b85 1.1 versions
    7...NOW install F1SI
    8...install mod tracks

Is there any error in this procedure?

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Did a fresh install.
    It didn´t work.
    Now, if I may ask, why the hell ISI didn´t write about the need of a fresh install?
    I want my money back...ISI is playing with us...

6. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Now I got this message when verifying:

Checking for updates. Please wait for result.
    The current build is up to date.
    Getting verification data. Please wait for result.
    Invalid path submitted by this application or there is any error with the verification service.

7. bbr1

bbr1 Registered

This is what I get also after 3 installs

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

First i install the 69~85. Instal all updates and mods from ISI (include rtrainer) and updates (less gt endurance wich not finish download) and when i try to run the program crashes.After i install gt endurance all work fine.

9. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Well, I ran CONFIG SIM and checked HDR and FXAA boxes, and it worked!
    Did you try this bbr1?

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It isn't strictly needed, because all I did was run the b69->b85 update, and installed all of the rfmod updates before running the new build for the first time (reading the comments it seems that many people here tried to run b85 before they'd updated all of the rfmods, this might have been why everything went so smoothly for me). Didn't even run Config Sim, apparently it wasn't necessary. Everything works, even All Tracks & All Cars, even my old 3rd party mods.

Why things go wrong could be due to a multitude of reasons. This is beta testing, things are expected to go wrong. Catching problems now is much better than after the game is released. In essence, this is what we're here for.

11. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Well, I´m here for it too..
    I did all I did with previous updates (and YES, I´ve first updated all mods prior to enter the game) and it didn´t work.
    Did a fresh install, it didn´t work..
    Then I did what I said above (check those 2 boxes) and it worked.

12. Jason72

Jason72 Registered

Updates worked fine for me also. Only thing I did different from what jubuttib posted was uninstall from build 69 all the non-ISI ALL CARS ALL TRACKS MODS. ex. F1 Elites ALL CARS, Megane ALL TRACKS.