Flickering UI since 1.1110 update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by spaldinio, Apr 25, 2018.

1. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

Since the update I'm experiencing a flickering screen in the main UI when I have vsync enabled. It flickers much less with GPU or software mode, and none at all with OFF. It is fine after I press RACE and don't see it again until I load the UI again. I rolled back btx1070 driver to 391.24, but doesn't help.

I'm running 60Hz triples at 5760x1080 with multiview (doesn't help if off). I've also tried fast sync enabled from NI with sync off in game.

I'm sure it was briefly OK immediately after the update, but since then it's really difficult to see the UI. I have to disable sync to setup the race and enable again for the actual race.

The only way I can get smooth fps in any game on my setup is with vsync enabled. With it disabled, RF2 reports average around 100 fps, but it isn't the buttery, smooth experience I have with vsync. It looks sub-60hz without it on.

Other than this issue, I'd say my fps has increased at least 30% since the update, and while I can't find a good compromise for acceptable fps for rain, its a vast improvement and feels like a new game.

Thanks in advance.

i7 3770k 16GB gtx1070 win10-64bit 3x24"

2. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

I've half answered my own question. After updating nvidia driver, surround set itself back to 5760x1080. I noticed because rf2 had set itself from fullscreen to borderless at some point. I set it back to fullscreen, but the only way I can stop the flickering it to have surround in windows set to 5870x1080 and select this res in game. If I have any other combination of surround and in game, I get massive flickering in the UI. To reiterate, doesn't affect the in game garage UI or racing itself.

Strange...