Fixing sound volume on F1 RFT 2013

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by GCCRacer, Dec 22, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all,

I'm wondering what kind of edit it would take for to fix the sound volume issues with F1 RFT 2013 Mod. Generally the in-car engine volume is too low, the opponent cars very loud, and the tire sounds exagerated.

While this can of course be fixed in the volume adjustments, it means changing them around all the time when switching mods...

I have no idea what the parameters in the SFX mean exacty.

Maybe I just replace the SFX file with the one from ISI Marussia?

regards

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You just have to look around very hard here on this forum; can't find it myself anymore, but there is a fix!
    Some lines at the bottom of the sfx file have to be altered and the problem is over; it IS there somewhere........

Huh, what do you know? I found it :)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...layed-very-loud-in-cockpit-even-at-a-distance

I used the lines in the last post there, 14. Worked for me, hopefully for you too!

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks, great find! Will try.

Worry though that in this case actually I might better turn up the player engine volume. That will also cover the tire sounds better. But down at the file there also are options for that... need to play around :)

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I tried a while ago actually with the same mod, but I didn't find it satisfactory. This line did the trick for me, but that's just what I wanted; you now got some tool to try out right? Good luck! (And save the old lines ;) )

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'll try again later this week... today when I pasted the lines into the SFX file, installed the car component again, I had no sound at all afterwards. I'm not new to editing MAS and packaging components, but must have broken something in the file somehow.

Thanks for your detailed help :) If nothing else I can always adjust the slider volume in game, but to change that around for every mod certainly is not the goal...

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The right solution would be that the UI remembered your sounds setting for each mod (with many more parameters like AI strength, aggression, etc.). For me the balance of sounds of this mod is perfect, but not two of us have the same opinion on any matter that's what makes life so interesting.

Cheers.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^That would be perfect!

Because it's true, depending on mod you also need to change the AI parameters.

I'm curious: Aren't you getting tire sounds which are louder than the engine itself? That's what most bothers me about the sound mix.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe you made some mistake putting it in the sfx file?
    I'll post my file later today, just the bottom part where I pasted the new lines in. The rest is not okay for you because I adjusted the mod into a 2014 turbo car with other sounds.

You don't have to use it, but if you're playing around, you might want to.

Also, the packing and altering of mods might have gone wrong?
    A while ago I made some sort of small tutorial; maybe it helps somewhat.
    Anyway, can't hurt to show you, here it is: http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1011.0;attach=261