Fixed Setup options

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Registered

With an MP server using a fixed setup which allows some options e.g. brake bias/pressure, fuel, steering lock etc to be changed via an edited .rfm file, it is possible to save and assign as default an adjusted setup and drive the car with those changes. However when joining the server subsequently, the cars default fixed options are applied and it's not possible to load the modified assigned setup which includes the allowable setup option changes.
    This makes it awkward to run a server for several days before an MP race, to allow users to practice in advance, when they join and don't get their modified fixed setup. Any changes have to be memorised or written down outside the sim, so they can be re-entered every time again.

Am I right in this?

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Registered

I should've been clearer that this is the "Current" Setup as per the setup page and not the "Default" setup which = Assigned setup

3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yes. I don't know if it's a known issue by S397 but I've definitely seen this and you have to make your changes in every session.

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Registered

Thanks for confirming my experience Bill.

Bill Worrel likes this.