Fixed Setup Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by marcobost, Jan 22, 2012.

1. marcobost

marcobost Registered

Speaking about fixed setup... one of the main differences between rF(1) and rF2 is that now we can race under the rain.
    If server is set with "fixed setup", in rF2 garage we still have same 3 unlocked options as rF(1): Fuel, Steering Lock and Brake Pressure.
    Now we need also "Tire Compound" to be unlocked... for obvious reasons (Dry and Rain).

Thank you ISI

2. marcobost

marcobost Registered

I found that (like in rF1) there is way to follow... modifing the PLR file of the dedicated server at the following line:
    MULTI FreeSettings="-1" // -1=use RFM/season/GDB default, or add to allow minor changes with fixed/parc ferme setups: 1=steering lock, 2=brake pressure, 4=starting fuel, 8=fuel strategy 16=tire compound, 32=brake bias, 64=front wing, 128=engine settings

I didn't found documents about the "combination" of the values... i.e. changing -1 into 16 allows tirechange, but LOCKS the default options like fuel, Steering and Brake Pressure...

Any idea how to solve it?
    Thanks!!

3. Tripp

Tripp Registered

test 45 that unlock all in rf 1

4. marcobost

marcobost Registered

tested, thank you... it doesn't work in rF2...
    I was looking at a value that give me the change to ADD the compound to the default available options... I'm trying several ways but no results at the moment. No idea if "comma" works... to try "-1,16" I'll try it!

5. marcobost

marcobost Registered

"comma" doesn't work. Only first value is working.
    Hope ISI can publish a table with all available values and combinations to be able to do it for Wet Races, or activate compound by default.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  6. marcobost

marcobost Registered

Ok, auto-reply!
    The answer is: sum!!
    1=steering lock, 2=brake pressure, 4=starting fuel, 8=fuel strategy 16=tire compound, 32=brake bias, 64=front wing, 128=engine settings
    The mod itself usually uses 1 + 2 + 8 ... if we add 16 we have the sum of 27 and we solve this issue...
    But, due to my first post I think that ISI could add it by default.

7. Tripp

Tripp Registered

27 nice i never testthat number