FISI2015 vehicle sounds not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Jan 2, 2016.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Firstly I want to thank ISI for the awesome update on the FISI2012 cars, finally they can drive in the rain! :D I do have a problem however. I have a virtual mod which I use the FISI cars. When I installed the new version I went to play my virtual mod but the sounds of the cars are not working anymore, the main FISI mod vehicle set does though. Because of this new update is there anything I need to do or I've missed to get the updated FISI and their sounds to work with my virtual mod? Thanks.

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

You'll need to edit or remake the vmod. I'm guessing, but ISI have updated the way they pack things, it's likely the sound was referenced elsewhere in the previous version.

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

There is a new MAS file named "FISIR_Sounds" but when I try to access it it says "unknown mas key". I added the folder anyway into my mod and renamed it to "FV2015_SOUNDS" just like my other folders "FV2015_CAR", "FV2015_TALENT", "FV2015_TEAM", and "FV2015". I went to package the mod and proceeded to install it. It successfully loaded into game which was unsurprising. I went out on track and still the sounds do not work. I did update all of the files in the FV2015 and FV2015_CAR folder from the updates FISI car set. I am bemused why this is happening and am completely clueless of where to go from here. All of this just for the updated weather tires..... :confused:

4. stonec

stonec Registered

I think you are confused about how to install mods. You are not supposed to update any files in folders. Just uninstall the old version from the launcher and install the new one, that's it. You don't even need virtual mods unless you want to host, All Cars and Tracks works fine for offline.

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yeah I get that. I have my own mod I created though with my own car, team, talent MAS files. Because my mod is based off the FISI2012 I need to somehoe update it with the new version of the FISI2012. Forget that for a second. To begin with I uninstalled the old version of the FISI2012 and then install the new version of the FISI2012. My result is when I go on track with my mod the sounds do not work. However if I go on track with just the original FISI car set (not using my mod) the sounds work fine.

So what I'm trying to do is have the updated FISI2012 (with working sounds) in my mod.

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

if you are using the names above you will need to open the .sfx files and change the "FISIR_Sounds" namings to "FV2015_SOUNDS" as sounds have to have correct paths

example:

VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=1.20,FISIR_Sounds\********.wav

change to

VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=1.20,FV2015_SOUNDS\********.wav

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for the help, I'll try it out!

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Unfortunately this did not work which doesn't surprise me because in the past I have never had to change anything in the SFX files. Damn ISI :(

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

ok I just had a proper look and this will work (I tried it on track)

VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=FV2015\******.wav (.sfx file attached)

then repack and build a vehicle .rfcmp (.mas names attached)

Attached Files:

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered