First impression build 339

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tosch, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah sorry thats my First Person Shooter editing days coming back to me, as tjc says :)

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, got it! Thanks.
    I noticed that, didn't know what to call it :)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

This problem is not as noticeable with my new monitor as it was with my old... But I know it's still there. I can see it in cockpits and on tires.
    GP79 mod as example... I could see a lot of purple stuff in new Tyrell cockpit, because it was quite bright. But in 339 build, cockpits look much darker (and better), and the purple 'disappeared'.

But as I have said before, I don't think it's a monitor problem, because then I should see it in other games/videos/movies, but I don't. It's rfactor2 exclusive. I've had this problem with 3 different GPU's and 3 different monitors!

People who can't see the purple, probably has better gamma settings (making it darker will make it less noticable because the purple spots will look black, in an already dark cockpit). But the spots are still there (can't imagine anything else).

4. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

It is as if set to 16 bits instead of 32, I spend once in RF1...I inadvertently set it up so, and it looked like those pictures TJ, now with RF2 not be set to 16 bit but is just an example

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

Now I had some time to really play with build 339, mind you I only testing Spa and Howston.
    Graphics have improved considerably, the shading on cars is pretty excellent, with no external enhancments like nVidia inspector manipulation I have test right through the whole range of AA modes, for me I found them all to be good. Spa is an excelent place to test because of the long draw distance and fine detail objects like telephone poles.
    IMHO AA looks great with AA Trans enabled but that still needs tweaking with the trees as they seem too transparent at distance.
    The only thing I'm picky about right now is the road markings lines on the horizon with the grass, I can still see what I describe as marching ants in the aliasing and also in the vertical telephone poles, AA level 6-7 vertually got rid of it but its there. ISI if you can fix this you have solved all graphics issues I have with the game. Unfortunatly the better looking GFX has dropped my FPS and I'm no longer able to run Sparse Grid Supersampling to get rid of this Aliasing filth at FPS over 70.

6. scalino

scalino Registered

Try Montreal (drs) in any tires compound (graphically at least you'll always be in soft anyway) - 28/29°C on track - you'll get AI locked tires (& your own too), I guarantee! :)

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I see darker shadows. It seems shadow diffusion is gone, which is a good thing. Is it possible to add a shadow diffusion parameter to the hdr profile in later builds?

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Nice, quality of graphics looks to be improved with sharper textures and the new smoke graphics are a treat.

No FPS hit for me because I don't use those options.

Cheers for releasing it.

9. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I just tried setting environmental reflections to max and it actually does result in smooth real-time reflections on the car and it does not kill my frame-rate. This pleases me.