final gear and g27 mapping

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Steviebone, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Steviebone

Steviebone Registered

I've noticed that the new cars all have something called final gear. unfortunately I can find no place in the mappings to map this gear to my G27. I've tried all the gears one through nine, but these of course don't work and there is no mapping for something called final gear. how do I map this gear? Without it trying to race is pointless.

I've also found that since installing the beta model version of our factor as well as the new version is constantly requiring me to remap the wheel. What happens is that when I start the program even though all the mappings appear to be going into the right places I can't actually use the wheel until I reset everything one by one.

I have of course tried reloading all the drivers from Logitech etc. I never had this problem till installing the beta.

Does anyone have any ideas? And how are people using g27s mapping cars that have more than 6 gears?

thank you in advance for any assistance.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Final gear is not something you map to your wheel. It's a gear ratio setting you adjust from the garage. It's not an extra gear.

3. Steviebone

Steviebone Registered

hank You

ok, thanks for shedding some light on my ignorance!

:rolleyes: