FFB oscillation problem(also ride height question)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by rysim abd, Mar 22, 2024.

1. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

Hello,
    I have some problems for my mod.
    1.The car's force feedback oscillates heavily in the center on the straight at low speed,sometimes very hard to control even with hands on the steering wheel.
    Having tested using Simucube,Simagic,and this problem both happens more or less.This can be reduced by adding smooth value,but still can't solve it.The car behaves quite good when using keyboard or joystick though.

2.Also,I have a question about the car's ride height.In the normal condition,the ride height is about 40mm,but it's still 30mm(also slide slowly) after deflating the tyre(shift+alt),it seems that the undertray hits something.What may cause the problem?I have set the undertray to roughly 0Y for suspension hardpoint reference.
    I'm not sure if the ride height has something to do with the ffb problem.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It could be a multitude of things. Are you using the physics spreadsheet or are you just text editing with Notepad?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

@rysim abd Are the Pictures cutted out from the same Screenshot of a standing Car?
    If yes, there seems to be something basically being wrong.
    On one Picture you have 0 KpH Wheel Speed and on the Other you have 20.92 KpH.
    So the Wheel(s) with 20.92 rotate at a standing Car already.
    Or, if the Car was moving, the Wheel(s) with 0 KpH Wheel Speed stood still at a moving Car.

4. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

I use the physics spread sheet,I made the physics from scratch

5. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

Sorry for my careless,one screenshot was taken from standing situation and the other one was taken from moving situation,but when both in standing situation the result was the same:the ride height only decrease about 6mm.The car is supposed to have a ride height of 40mm.Also I found that the official skipbarber only decreased about 10mm when deflated the tyre and the undertray didn't hit the ground.So what's the RideH and the tyre deflation function(shift+alt) actually mean?

Attached Files:

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@rysim abd Some Questions are hard to answer, because we don't know the Games Code.
    Let's stay at the Ride Height.
    You say "the ride height only decrease about 6mm".
    Question: decreases from what/which Value?
    What do you use as the "Design Ride Height" in the Spreadsheet?
    Especially Suspension is a complex Part, because there are so many influencing Values, like e.g. Spring Strength, Damper Length and possible Travel, Packers ...., that can easily result in a "wrong" Behaviour.

7. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

I mean decrease from the situation when tyres are inflated.The design ride height in spreadsheet is 40mm,so I expect a 40mm decrease in RideH(undertray hit the ground) when I deflate the tyres.Maybe I misunderstood something and I will check related values

8. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

And these values didn't work

Attached Files:

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@rysim abd I'm not sure, if Tire Pressure Changes in Relation to the Ride Height are simulated properly.
    I suppose they aren't.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think there's any "tyre deflation" control. It wouldn't make much sense anyway as there are no punctures, so nothing to test for.

Ctrl+Shift (I think that's what you mean? Shift+Alt doesn't do anything for me) is for moving the car around manually.

View attachment upload_2024-3-31_16-35-49.png

rysim abd likes this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza I think he means Alt+T with that you can switch between old tbc and new tgm Tire Model and check, if the 2 Sizes (especially the Diameter) are identical as much as possible.
    Maybe he thought, that when there is a Difference, that it is caused by Tire Deflation.
    But we can only suppose, because it seems as if he disappeared. :)

rysim abd likes this.
  12. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

Understood,thank you.It turns out that I'm focusing on the wrong thing

13. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

Thanks for your kind help.I indeed misunderstood the function of shift+alt.I have to wait several days to further test my mod

14. rysim abd

rysim abd Registered

But why these value didn't work?This should be a problem?:(

15. redapg

redapg Registered

Didn't work in which Way?
    At 0 Ride Height, the Carbody is on the Ground and you normally don't want to have that. :)
    As said, the Suspension is very complex and just with looking at cutted out Pieces from Screenshots, it's even more hard/impossible to judge anything in a senseful Way.

rysim abd likes this.