FFB Multiplier Question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sholt201, Mar 30, 2012.

1. sholt201

sholt201 Registered

Hi all

I have a question that has been bugging me for ages - in game the car-specific ffb mutiplier in settings - I have made the necessary changes to the ini files to reduce the G27 rattle which works great. I then find that I incresase the FFB multiplier to compensate for the loss of effect - not much ususally from 1.00 default to 1.10 or 1.20. Have any of you guys got some valuable advise for using this? My other point I would like to touch on is also the other slider changes in settings such as 'steering rate', 'speed sensitivity', 'exaggerate yaw' etc...any comments? I appreciate you need to play around a bit but before I do......

Cheers

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've always left my steering rate at default and I never use speed sensitivity. As far as exaggerate yaw goes, try some laps with it at max then at zero. See if you like the look of it.

Your FFB mult. is all personal feel. I find if you have it too low you miss some stuff and when too high the wheel controls you. lol.

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

As Racer says ffb settings are always down to own personal taste feel great for someone can feel crap to another, the sliders you refer to the steering rate is only for keyboard and game pad users not for sim wheel racers, the speed sensitivity on the other hand I find vital, alot of people dont use it, I have now for around 4 years, what it does is say you set it to 50 when you reach a certain speed the steering rate will be reduced much like in a real car, again this is down to personal taste to get the right feeling, I urge you to try it, maybe raise your current wheel degrees in garage a couple of notches and try for at least a few races to see on mid to fast corners the steering is much smoother. Exaggerate yaw basically is a virtual movement when you turn it looks like to car is pivoting on a axis I use 30 myself.

4. RustyM

RustyM Registered

very helpful thanks

5. sholt201

sholt201 Registered

Cheers.