ffb lost Cammus DD

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lokcy le maoul, Nov 7, 2022.

1. lokcy le maoul

lokcy le maoul Registered

hello,
    I have had rf2 for 1 year, I bought the endurance pack and gt3 then others.

I haven't played for 1 week, and the day before yesterday when I restarted the game, while I didn't change any settings in game and Cammus log, I no longer have FFB, I can steer the car, assign the keys, but no ffb?!
    I first erased the json files, then the user data folder, and finally a complete reinstallation of the game.
    but nothing helps, I no longer have ffb and I don't know how to do more, despite my question on the forum, I got no answer, I thought to see resolved with the steam control, but suddenly the other peripherals handbrake etc are no longer detected!
    I leave it to you hoping for a solution, because after having invested more than 100 euro, and no longer being able to use the game...:(

I look forward to your return..:)

Cordially.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

have you added new USB peripherals since last the program worked? If so, try disconnecting one. If you are using a hub, make sure it is a powered hub.

3. lokcy le maoul

so no! as I said I haven't changed or added anything, and I never put a hub with a base!
    there was an update and since then it no longer works, not even a little vibration, nothing at all.. and all the other games I have no problem, only rf2 which no longer works, whereas there is 2 weeks it worked ... the steering wheel is well detected, I can turn brake accelerate, but I have no feedback from the ffb ....

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just to ease your mind, I have rarely, ALMOST NEVER, seen a situation where something that was broken couldn't be fixed. We just need to track down the steps to find the issue.
    Some of this will sound simple, but forgive me just because we have to clear the simple items before looking for a more complex solution.
    1st. Many people NEVER shut off their computers...I don't know if you are that type or not, but completely reboot windows. Power it down, wait a bit and then restart.

2nd: Try using BOTH the Release Candidate & the NONE option. Make sure you validate after making either change and then reboot Steam before trying to launch rF2.

3rd. Don't get hung up on the problem only existing in rF2. We have seen that a lot over the years. rF2 IS a different breed and sometimes is less user friendly than other programs. I have seen people give up, which I completely understand as this is FRUSTRATING, but I have rarely NOT seen a solution, especially when the real brains chime in.

4th. Rename your Player folder & Controller folder. rF2 will build new clean versions when you do this. You will have to re-assign your controller inputs, but IF we arrive at a solution, you can copy your old controller files to the new folder.

5. Lokcy

Lokcy Registered

1-yes I turn off my computer every night.

2-I tried differents version and still the same problem

3-I see confirms that it only comes on rf2 this problem, I made ends and everything and I know a little bit about this game and these quirks

4 - before redoing the installation I checked controller.json, then I renamed it, then I directly renamed userdata but still the same unfortunately..

6. Lokcy

Lokcy Registered

I noticed however that there seems to be a problem with the steam controller of the rf2 game

7. lokcy le maoul

I noticed this: in steam by default the controller is on default: ffb does not work

[​IMG]

8. lokcy le maoul

if I activate steam input the ffb works but my other peripherals like shifter and drink in H no longer work

[​IMG]

9. lokcy le maoul

if I disable steam input the ffb does not work but the other devices do.

[​IMG]

10. lokcy le maoul

I have never touched these parameters before, I do not understand the relationship with this steam controller? by default the option is on default on all the other games, but when I put the default parameter, I no longer have ffb but the base and wheel are detected and work, but without ffb... very strange...

11. lokcy le maoul

here it solves the problem in the controller, but all the other peripherals are no longer detected..

[​IMG][​IMG]

sorry for all the messages but between the translator and the photos it becomes not easy;)

12. lokcy le maoul

now when I open rf2 I have this black window which remains open?

[​IMG]

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

don't worry about the amount of messages. The more information the better.

Lokcy likes this.