FFB help required with CSR PLEASE?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwud, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Schwud

Schwud Registered

hello everyone,

i have a problem i can't seem to fix....

i am running a CSR wheel with the CSR Elite pedals both plugged in through USB and i keep losing my FFB setting when i exit in to the monitor from practice/qualify or if i go from finishing qualifying to the race again i lose all FFB if i rest my device it comes back straight away does any one have any ideas please?

it is so frustrating i have tried a fresh install and that didn't seem to work the only mod i have is the ISI Clio mod (cars and tracks)

i have looked in the controller.ini file but im not really sure what im looking for so didn't touch anything

any ideas will be welcome

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm using a CSR wheel with Clubsport v2 pedals so a very similar setup. I'll plug in the wheel tomorrow and see if the same problem affects me too. So far I've not had many problems with the CSR in rf2.

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I use a CSR with G27 pedals. I lose FFB every now and then... say once every 20 starts. I have a key mapped to reset FFB and like you say it comes back straight away. Since it doesn't happen too often for me I've never worried too much about it. I also figured it was a fairly common thing with rF2 since there were threads about it a long time ago and I think at that time the reset "feature" appeared. I can't offer any specific advice other than maybe reinstall your wheel drivers, I use version 140.

How often does it happen to you? Every time you make the transitions?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  4. Magus

Magus Registered

Before starting rf2, press the accelerator, brake, clutch, then steer the wheel and press some buttons/shifter, then start rf2...see if that helps eliminate/reduce the number of controller drops.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the controller.ini you might want to try playing with these to see if there's a workaround, if an actual solution isn't found:

Reset FFB Time="0.00000" // reset force feedback every X seconds (0 to disable)
    Reset Steering Wheel Range Time="0.00000" // reset steering wheel range every X seconds (0 to disable)
    Realtime Controller Detection="1" // whether to check for new controllers while in realtime (0 to disable if it causes any problems)

Those are up near the top of the [ General Controls ] section.

Setting the Reset FFB Time might just stop you having to do it manually, but I don't know whether resetting it very often (every 1-3 seconds, for example) might make it act strange the whole time you're driving.

And as a shot in the dark try disabling the Realtime Controller Detection ( ="0" ) - just in case it's doing something weird when you're jumping in the car.

I think those are probably the only options to try in there though, so hopefully you can find a proper solution.

6. Schwud

Schwud Registered

it happens all the time very annoying

7. Schwud

Schwud Registered

I use version 140.

i use the latest drivers as i thought it would be best and up to date firmware as well

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  8. Schwud

Schwud Registered

did see these sections but like you thought they might force the game to keep looking for my device even when i was playing think i'll try the shot in the dark 1st

9. Schwud

Schwud Registered

thank you

thank you for all your thoughts and ideas i will try them out today i have my fingers crossed i can work this out

10. Schwud

Schwud Registered

i may try mapping a reset key if i can sort it with the .ini files

its maybe not prefect but a very good idea will be much quicker than rebooting my csr on the starting grid!!!

11. Schwud

Schwud Registered

i have tried the .ini setting with no luck so have opted for the rest button and it does the trick once again thank you and lets hope that this is a problem that gets addressed in future builds