FFB G29 Force Feedback Issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by outofphaze, May 8, 2021.

1. outofphaze

outofphaze Registered

Hi all,

I'm using a G29 wheel in Rfactor and I'm having some issues.

The force feedback works well in order games like F1 2020, but in rfactor it is really weak and seems to just center the wheel and not much more.

I have played around with the settings, but it doesn't change much.

I also find that ever since we had the big update on rfactor 2 some months ago, that most advanced settings for ffb have disappeared.

I'm on the newest version of the game, as well as the newest version of windows 10 and ghub.

I have also un and re installed ghub which didn't do anything at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@outofphaze can you show a screenshot of your "Calibrate" page in the settings section within rF2?

Have you tried using Logitech Gaming Software rather than G-Hub? I know I've read of issues with G Hub, but I don't know if it's fully broken or just sometimes causes issues. Whichever you have installed, please also show a screenshot of its settings (strength/sensitivity, centering spring, etc).

Finally, be sure to test on standard rF2 cars - the FISI2012 for example should provide good FFB at speed.

3. outofphaze

outofphaze Registered

Hi lazza
    Thanks for your reply!

I attached the screenshots.

I just tried it in formula isi as per your suggestion and it gives me the same results :(

I will try to use Logitech gaming software and see if that improves anything.

3D3DDBAB-775D-4E46-9FA0-6F668FD9DE85.jpeg 80F91B3B-2DDE-4C24-8BB5-AF274287516A.jpeg

4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Smoothing can be masking a lot of effects, but if I remember having that off or very low can lead to a lot of gear grinding in the logitech wheels.

I think you should activate vehicle set rotation. Centering spring strenght you probably also want off or lower than that. It's just a canned effect and it might interfere with loss of grip sensation and recovery of the car.

Is sensitivity about FFB or how much it will turn with input? If it's FFB you might get some results from bumping that higher, but know that you will be leveling all forces to a higher strenght and you can't quite feel the same range of forces, from lower to higher. If it is indeed about rotation, then you might need to go to the controller file and mess with that.

Hit me up if you are interested to go that route. Might be able to help.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry for the delay, if you @ someone (or just click Reply so they're quoted) they'll get a notification.

I'm not sure what the Sensitivity means in that software. Either 50% or 100% will be correct, I would say. Maybe google can help there. (you want a straight line - 'linear' - whether it's about FFB response or steering input response)

Centering spring you want probably no higher than 10% if anything at all. Most people put it on 0 and/or disable it. It will mask the live FFB effects from games (it's just a dumb, constant, wheel-side force that pushes your wheel back to centre - cars do that naturally, and give the centering force via the physics).

Smoothing at 3 is fine for your wheel (many would run it up to 8 or 10, depending on noise), lower is better but a gear driven wheel will generally get a bit nasty on 0. Minimum force 10 is probably fine, don't want to run it any higher than you need or you'll get a strange 'switch' feeling as you move from one side of centre to the other.

If lowering the centering spring doesn't help, it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your settings there.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Sensitivity in the Logitech software must be set to 50% so that it match's the cars wheel rotation on screen and have vehicle set ticked. Have centering spring at about 10 and operating range set it's max. The soft stop may not work when your in the calibration screen but should work OK when driving the car. These are the settings I used when I was using a G29 wheel.

7. outofphaze

outofphaze Registered

Hi guys.
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    As it turns out my problem might be a bit more serious.

I just tried Logitech gaming software instead of g hub and it makes no difference.

then I actually turned OFF ffb in rf2, and that also doesn’t make a difference.
    I’m getting no force feedback at all I guess, only a centering force and that’s it.
    It makes no difference if I turn ffb on or off in game.

any ideas?

like I said it works fine in f1 2020

Nieubermesch likes this.