Feel vs physics - Friends or foes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Aug 18, 2012.

?

Feel vs physics - Friends or Foes?

1. Friends

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Foes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Excellent metaphor. So you believe it is more of a balancing act?

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I mean the same hardware setup including the computer, graphics card, monitor(s), and each of those set up the same (vsync on or off, same speed cpu, same motherboard, same bios settings and so on).
    Even if we are using ONLY the FFB wheel as the basis of comparison then each would have to have the same rotation and
    the the same setup for the car we are driving.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

...and the same clothes, the same seat, the same hi-fi. Don't forget the same room with the same furniture. Also the same temperature and humidity! Actually, we should also be the of the same height, have the same mentality, look the same and in general - just be the same!

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Exactly and I think driving aids are the way to go - not messing physics. My older brother was visiting us this weekend and was immediately hooked up in rF2. :) He doesn't have racing background but was really enjoying driving Clio at Croft and Mountain Forest. He didn't need driving aids for Clio but Megane was too hard. So I enabled traction control and anti-lock brakes. After that he was able to do clean laps at Croft and said Megane was even more fun than Clio. Of course he was fast as a snail but lowering opponent strength gave him good racing experience.

I asked him about the feeling/immersion and he found them very good/strong. Also didn't find 9:1 steering ratio too fast or slow. He spend two days here and drove at least 8 hours so I think future looks very promising for rF2! :)

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ummmm.... Yeah you lost me there, bud. No worries....

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

And at the same time! Lol