Far superior feeling with Nissan 370Z than with Megane trophy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Dec 20, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I know that there has been some conversation before about the overall feel of Meganes, but I want to give my opinion after I have tried both with no aids.

Must say that 370Z feels close to what I imagine it should feel when driving a race car. It has this heavy feeling and you can give it some throttle in corners. Meganes on the other hand feel way too light and you only can turn it slightly, otherwise you end up spinning. I have no feeling whatsoever with Meganes evaluating when I should do correction moves. If I turn the wheel more than 45 degrees it is almost always an instant spin. Do not believe that this is setups related issue.

I know that these two cars are not even supposed to feel the same, but in my opinion the Meganes are not fun at all when driving with no aids. I can not push them at all. Am I doing something wrong or should I just realise that Meganes are not for me.

Has anyone else experienced the same? Or do I just suck with Meganes? :p

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hmmm...well I'd hate to say it...XD jk

They feel great to me, as does the 370Z and GTR. I look at the Nissans as being quite a bit different though. Much bigger cars, bigger bodies, and quite plain looking in terms of aero. They also dont look anywhere near as "stripped out" as the Megane. In the Megane, drivers seat almost in the middle of the cockpit, crazy looking body shape, etc.

Driving them with no aids, feels brilliant to me. They have a lot of grip I find, slipping the rear only happens on cold tyres or going slowly with massive power out of a hairpin.

3. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I find it to handle ok. If you want to drive it, don't be put off, I'll bet that with practice you'll get the hang of it. Hang in there.

4. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

the car are really different however, the megane is built with open wheeler technologies, in fact the megane is an open wheeler with a roof! it's not a powersliding car, it's a full grip car, it can corner like none , it can corner faster than the nissan gtr.
    The fact it use slick tire mean that you have to heat her up for about 8/10 minute before she got stickified to the tarmac but then....
    The car feel great i find.. once it's hot enough!

5. Axly

Axly Registered

The Nissan feels (to me) like a highly tuned street-car, it's a race car, but still basically a stiffened road-car. The Megane is a pure silhouette racing vehicle that has nothing in common with regular cars.
    The "Megane" (which is mid-engined, also attributing to the quick, almost nervous feeling) weighs under a metric tonne and has as much power as the Nissan, but the font-engined Nissan weighs over 300 kg more. The Nissan is a regular car which is stripped and lightened while the Megane is built as a race car from scratch with only the bare minimums. I'm pretty sure that the stiffness of a solution-F tube frame is quite a bit higher that a "regular" car.

Personally I very much enjoy the Megane. I'm just a mediocer driver and it took quite some time for me to handle this very nervous and twitchy Megane, but once you start approaching the limit it's highly enjoyable! Setups help a lot, I have a nice, well-behaved race setup with which I can actually drift the Megane though long turns if I go in too hot. It takes some time though, it's a hard car to get to know, but once you do it's a blast :)

PS: once you get the tires warmed up and get to know the Megane, you can push it really hard going out of the corners!

6. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

I thought they were rubbish to but then I played around with the setup a bit and got a lot of the under steer out of it and some half decent lap times :)

7. Duvel

Duvel Registered

the megane, as said by a few above, is a totally different driving experience to the 370z. The 370 feels the way it does because it's a fun, typical rwd car, whereas the megane is one of those boring full on racey (and based on open wheeler stuff) car. It likely has this soulless feeling in real life, too. Some cars just do feel "odd" sometimes, they can't all feel fabulous and it can sometimes be nothing to do with how good/bad the sim is doing.

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

both cars are great fun in their own way, had some great races in them.

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

...well

[​IMG]

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i just meant that was the impression i got from the op's post, that he finds it a bit soulless compared to the 370z, and it's pretty accurate as cars go. Megane can be excellent fun when you push the little sob though :)

11. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I find the Megane to be rather easy to drive. The 370z is completely different though as noted above. I like them both, hell I like all of the ISI tin tops right now. ;p)