Fanatec Wheel Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hank Madison, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

Within calibration and control assignment settings, RF2 is showing that the wheel rotation and pedal inputs are working. However, after loading up a race, the pedals do nothing. I'm unable to accelerate out of the box, shift, turn, etc.

I don't have much experience with RF2 but this exact setup was working the last time used (within a few weeks).

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you have to assign the brake, throttle, clutch etc to each part of your wheel and pedals. Loading a pre-configured profile is often all you need, but check the ASSIGN screen. Each input should have something assigned. So go to the ASSIGN screen and make sure you have inputs from your wheel and pedals assigned to all the items you need.(left, right,gas, brake, shift up, shift down etc) Make sure you assign a key for the pit lane speed limiter, Also important assignments are your headlights, Ignition(Master On switch) and the Starter motor. If you DO get moving you will need to dis-engage the pitlane speed limiter once you exit the pits.(and also pay attention to the red/green light at the end of pit lane. You will get a drive-thru or stop/go penalty if you try to enter the track before the session has officially begun.(usually 5 to 10 seconds from when you press the drive/race button in the garage. Most of those assignments are in the first coluom of the options at the ASSIGN screen. Scroll down til you see all of them. If you are driving a car with DRS like the new BMW M4, then look for the Rear Flap and assign an easily reachable button to that as well.

When you are done assigning things, save the proflie under a new name. for example, if you loaded up the FanatecCSW2_5 profile Don't re-save with that name. Change it so you will not overwrite the original file. Something perhaps like Fanatec_MyCSW_DRS

3. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

Thanks so much for your help. I'll certainly take your tips for assigning controls accordingly. Apparently "auto pit" was engaged and was keeping the car in the garage. Is that a bug?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wouldn't think so. The most recent beta/release candidate contains several user friendly upgrades that allow the user to turn on lights automatically, start the car automatically etc. Being old school, I prefer to turn most of those off.

5. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

Indeed. I wasn't aware that it was on. Thanks again.