Fanatec V2 Base + Carbon formula Wheel + Table Clamp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Feb 13, 2015.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - I am a bit embarrassed to post this but here goes. I have just received my new V2 base, Formula carbon wheel and table clamp. First of all - wow - they are so "substantially" built, impressed! But I am a bit confused about how to attach the V2 base to the table clamp.

1. Do I unscrew the angled base that already comes fitted to the V2, and attach the vanilla unit to the table clamp - or do I attach the (V2 + attached angled base) to the table clamp? If so, where exactly?
    2. How do the supplied screws hold themselves tight through the clamp into the unit? I cannot see any nuts supplied to hold them in? What stops them working loose?

Would be grateful for any pix of users' solutions as clearly I am totally rubbish in this area.

cc: pCARS, AC, iRacing forums!

2. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

As in the video, you attach the V2 + the angled base to the clamp. I've also removed those sliders for shifters on the clamp since I don't have their shifter.

It was a bit confusing at starters but you'll find you way through :)

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thank you guys!

Ok -- got everything set up physically ... now, an issue with the calibration. I have installed the latest firmware and the wheel has gone through its start-up turning phase and centred, incorrectly, slightly to the left. On the LED is a flashing CAL indicator. I have pressed - as per the instructions - the analogue Stick and the FunkySwitch at the same time to auto calibrate again. Issue is, I have pressed them - and event held them down together - yet it is still flashing CAL. Am I missing something?

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Don't worry - all sorted!

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I took out the bolt holding the adjustable plate on the table clamp, removed that changeable plate and attached the fixed angled plate (that already came with the wheel) to the clamp. It is now as solid as a rock!!

I had the FFB at 90% in one session and the wheel remained rock solid ... just everything else was moving!!! Will write a little review of my new wheel after a week or so of use. First impressions, very nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Thx for sharing the tip with removing the plate, it came in the way when holding the shifters on my GT2 Rim. Now there's more than enough space.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered