Fanatec CSW with BMW or Formula rim owners - Share your settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by GTFREAK, Sep 16, 2012.

1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

No, not wear. As you say, it's salt-stains from sweat. I didn't try to clean it yet, but I suppose it will be pain in the ass.

2. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I see, then i keep my gloves on from now on!

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I have had about 300 hours or more trouble free use from my Fanatec CSR (the Xbox compatible one).
    Its working well on Rfactor (1) and F1 2011. Makes me glad I didnt buy the expensive CSW (although I an saving for it!)

4. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

It's not that the Wheel base is a bad design or bad in general. I just don't like the fact that they chose to use cheap motors for FFB. That's the whole point of the wheel isn't it?

The Thrustmaster T500rs uses a heavy duty motor. This is due to the fact that it has to use one motor for all FFB as opposed to the Fanatec wheel that uses two. I have to say though that I am torn between the two. It's really a trade-off. Do you want to take a chance on your FFB motors going bad? Or do you want to use a wheel that has a slight "coggy" feel to it because of the teeth on the belt?

For me, it was not a choice. My FFB motors went bad so I had to return it. I decided to not take another chance with that setup so I bought the T500rs. So far I have been extremely happy with my purchase even though the wheel has that slight "coggy" feel to it. I can live with that with this wheel because the FFB is simply fantastic. Never felt anything like it.

Anyhow, I hope you have better luck with your wheel. I'm sure you'll be quite happy once you finally make the purchase.