Fanatec CSW 'death rattle' with F2 car

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by sg333, Oct 10, 2012.

1. clock

clock Registered

Thats wrong Tim, that one is another wheel, not the CSW, we only have 129 or 132 firmware, beta tester of the CSW had 126 firmware...
    But the wheel that uses 6xx firmwares are the old porches wheels (PCW) or CSR not the new CSW (club sport wheel)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sorry, missed "brand of". I would still see if some older firmware works on both.

3. DavidG

DavidG Registered

I turned out that didn’t have the latest firmware, so I updated it yesterday. It does actually seem to have improved things; not only is the F2’s rattle reduced, but the car seemed to have a little more feel. I would still like more feel and less rattle, but this has been a step up. I was actually able to drive a few laps of Snetterton in the F2 without feeling like my wheel was trying to kill me!

Project Cars might also have seen some small improvement, but it’s really difficult to say, given that I’m using the seta tyre model now. I do seem to have lost the grinding sensation in GPL though.

It’s curious that installing 032 appears to have helped me, whereas it seems to have been the start of the problem for others.

There’s never been any doubt in my mind that the problems are more acute with certain tracks and with cars with hard suspensions (i.e. the formula cars) Clock. It’s as if the wheel is exaggerating all the forces to me. That is, when the steering is supposed to be light, you end up with almost no feel at all and when the steering should be heavy, it becomes rock hard. The wheel seems to suffer from the ‘Goldilocks effect’; too light, too hard, or just right.

I’ve installed driver 1.42 today and thought the F2 feel might have lessened again, but it’s difficult to be sure. By the way Clock, according to the website, 1.40 was for all wheels.