Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v2 (CSP v2) - how good its load cell is?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Marek Lesniak, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I created this thread to not make any more offtopic in the original thread for T500RS... so, let's continue.

First thing first - some technical information about CSP's v2 pedal ratio.
    Original is ~3.0:1 (140mm vs 45mm) - that is, 140mm is the radius from where you typically put your foot on, to brake pedal arm's axis of rotation and 45mm is the radius from axis of rotation, to where load cell's rod is connected to the pedal arm. To be precise, that's the second lowest hole in the pedal arm).
    As 140mm might be good for G25/G27 owners, it is not what you see in real world pedal boxes... my aim was to match AP Racing's pedalbox effective pedal radius. I ended up with 215mm and also have changed the location, where the LC rod is mounted - to the third hole. All that gave me brake pedal ratio of about 3.9:1 (215/55mm).

Today, I did another test for how much force a CSP v2's load cell can take before it hits its max. range. The way I tested it, couldn't provide a very precise value. I maxed at about 50kg at brake pedal (pushing harder didn't change readings at all in the drivers settings) but I think it will be safer to assume, that is something within a range of 45-50kg. With my pedal ratio 3.9:1 that gives 175-195kg at LC rod...quite a lot, I'd say :)

OK, as we now know, what that load cell can handle, let's get back to max. pedal pressure, but for CSP v2's original pedal ratio (3.0:1):
    175-195kg / 3.0 = 58-65kg.

Any issues? Nothing major and I have those padals all the way since beta testing period (late Spring of 2012). I don't race very often, so they are not aboused as much as some of you might do ;) but I don't see any signs of mechanical wear. I had some problems with clutch pedal position readings - sometimes not working within its full range but I swapped clutch and throttle plugs on the PCB and since then have no issues.
    Load cell provide rather good readings (there is some slight, rather minor noise but nothing serious) and right now I don't feel a need of changing it.
    But if I would, it comes for 15 Euro + shipping, so it's still a good price (and I would order 2 of them, to have spares and pay for shipping just once).

So, with all that, if you can get CSP v2 for a good price, you will be happy with what they offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

It seem to be related strictly with LC but its more like a minor noise (rather than spikes) and occur from time to time, when you hold the pedal in one position. Swapping LC module to a new one should solve the problem (assuming, the new one will provide cleaner signal). Will try to record a video, how it looks.

3. gagipro

gagipro Registered

For those with pedal problem like :

A pedal doesn't work.

I had a problem with my clutch : I used some oil to avoid the scritch sound on the accelerator pedal.

Some month after : my clutch wasn't working anymore : it was a bit of oil on the electronic connectors : I cleaned it

Works like a charm after the cleanup !!! Not very protected electronic.

4. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

someone have length and diameter of THROTTLE SPRING on a CSP V2 in "mm"? and could share this here?