Fanatec Clubsport DD & DD+. (Possible problem).

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I was having a problem with my Clubsport DD where the wheelbase would disconnect and I would have no FFB and no controls on the wheel would work, the only thing I could do was steer. The only way to rectify it was to shut the game down and switch off the wheel base. NOTE. This is not a rF2 or LMU problem, it happens in all other sims as well. The firmware is not quite up to scratch yet for these bases. I'm running the latest driver and firmware and latest Fanalab.
    The solution I have found is to switch off the vibration motors and also disable any vibration motor settings in all sims. All so do not run Fanalab while running any game. My method now is to start Fanalab select the profile I want and then close it. The only problem with this is you have no rev leds on your wheel with rF2. Do this before starting any sim. Your still able to make any adjustments to FFB on the wheel if needed. Hope this may be useful if any body who may be having a similar problem.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Registered

No loss of FFB for me with the CSL DD base and ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 with latest Firmware and Drivers, so I wouldn't necessarily blame them.

3. Highlandwalker

The problem is with Clubsport DD & DD+ not the CSL base. I to have the latest driver and firmware installed. It doesn't happen so often with rF2 but more often with LMU. The problem is reported on the Fanatec forum, I'm not the only one it happens to. The clubsport DD & DD+ uses a different chip set to the CSL bases so the up and coming true force can be implemented. Thanks for your response.

Ken Jagger likes this.
  4. Highlandwalker

The solution is simple use Fanalab version 2.01.26. I arrived at this change because a few days after LMU was released I did a 8hr race without any problem. After this Fanalab was updated to v27 which crashed the game and then Fanalab was updated to v28, I installed both versions that's when I started to have the problem, so I thought I would revert to version 26 no issues since using v26. Method uninstall v27 or v28 which ever you have installed and then install v26, ensure you uninstall before installing v26. If you haven't got v26 stored on your computer, you will have to redownload it, the problem is it is no longer on the Fanatec website. I have found this alternative site where it can be downloaded. I have downloaded from this site and checked for viruses and checked the files against my own original version and everything seems OK.
    https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=77496
    I'm using v456 driver and the latest firmware. Using v26 has also cured the problem with other sims. If this works for as well please post to let other people know so they can try it as well.
    A small tip keep previous versions of programs and drivers just incase the new version doesn't work. If I hadn't kept my older versions of Fanalab I wouldn't have been able to try this.