Failing VMods are pissing me off!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bjørn, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

To avoid reactivation you can try to copy the ".rFactor" directory from %appdata% to the new user account.

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Success!

I created a new Windows user account.

Launched Mas2 and compiled a vmod consisting of Malaysia and the Vette. Installed it through mas2 Went back to my original Windows account, started rFactor 2 and whoopie, loaded the vmod.

So, due to my name I'm handicapped a bit and have to use another Windows user everytime I want to create a vmod :D

To Tim and ISI
    Is this not at all possible to be fixed, Tim? I mean... There are other people in the world with special characters in their Windows user accounts... Günter, Jürgen and Björn from Germany will have the same issues...

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I understand you want it all.

Well it is called process of elimination ?

The first thing I would do is what I said.

Then if it did not work well no one else' should however i see one post above it does work ?

and it would have taken LESS TIME are you disputing the obvious ?

so yes it does help the next person ............maybe............

If you have been making and registering the same mod ( IE: v1 and not updating ) I do not think it will work at least mine do not since last 2 builds, it would install but would not work...... I am assuming because there is no ability to de-register the original V1 ?

Try and make a fresh mod with a different name see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Stop yourself, DurgeDriven. You post or point didn't help at all, sad to say.

Thanks to Tim and Tosch on the other hand though for coming with useable questions and a pair of eagle-eyes (Tosch)

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sad to say did you try it ?

A fresh install and another mod name ?

No you did not.

I already said it may help OTHERS

No thanks for trying, fine, go .........

lol

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe its the way you communicate DD, gets on my tits sometimes. No offence though and its probably me. It usually is.

Anyways, good to see it was fixed, have fun Bjorn :)

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thanks man!

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Come to my room you see how I communicate to brick walls..................

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Character handling across the PC platform isn't really supportive. From my understanding, it's really not something we even can fix.

Sorry, I should have thought of that when I first saw your post, it's just been a while since anyone raised this.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well I don't know if I'm the first who has reported this problem... Now it'll be in your problem/solution-folder I guess :)
    Next reformat, I'll replace the Ø with an O :)

Thanks again. Now I can hopefully start enjoying rF2!

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You seem to think i do this just to be confronting or trolling..... ?

Yes I try to make point with maybe sarcasm or simplicity , like ..... " a fresh install will take you minutes and maybe you can reproduce effect " Just pointing out a fact not trying to make the guy feel bad..... lmao

I do it all the time online training rookies and answering PMs for PC related questions but never intended offensive and they certainly do not see it that way.

I may not improve a rookies or even better drivers lap times or clock speed much or may not have been anything I said or done helped at all , they still say ty for trying......

As for treating people okay ask anyone been to my room or BBs room when I admin, I am the last one to berate or talk down to a rookie that causes a accident or acts up or think my way is best for all.

But FOR EXAMPLE look at how people go on about bad drivers and terms used to describe them in threads.

Fair dinkum. lol

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Well, that thread was pretty bad indeed, lets see if Baronesbc has the balls to apologize, I doubt it.

For the rest, I do believe you have the right intentions, like I said, probably the way you say it that rubs things the wrong way sometimes. Less aggressive posting and more relaxed communications will go a much longer way I think. People tend to ignore the intense postings and that's a shame if you have something to add to it all.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not the first, just the first in a while.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

14. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I have a similar problem....I used to be able to create vmods, and host sessions online....no probs at all, Since build 240, game runs fine, except the login issue, everyone has that prob, but now I create a vmod, and it always ask me for email /PW, it didnt do that before....anyway...vmod creates fine.....but when I go to host online session, I have message....MODID failed.....thats the problem.
    I have fully formatted windows(7 ultimate)...and full reinstall if rf2.( with just standard cars and tracks, no extras, so to eliminate any package errors).........same error message, had a mate create a vmod for me.......and I can use anyone elses vmod and host online without any problems.....just cant create a vmod( that doesnt have modid error when hosting).......would it be anything to to with initially registering for vmods, as I have re activated game ...same email, and was sent a generic PW, I have changed PW..back to what it was originally............help please

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

hey intel try the creating a new user account with windows