SOLVED FaceTrack NoIR low FPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RNeves, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Hi everyone!!

I just installed facetrack noir on my pc to try it with my webcam, but the thing is that i can't increase the framerate above 15 fps!!
    Any hints on how to solve this issue??
    I'm using a LifeCam HD-3000

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First, that isn't a high-end cam so you may struggle to get good framerates at decent resolution and might need quite good lighting.

It may be possible to force it to a higher framerate (though I think the maximum is 30fps which isn't great anyway) through software/drivers, but you're better off going to forums dedicated to face-tracking and/or webcams. Not that people here aren't willing to help, but there'll be more knowledge to draw on in those environments.

I do suspect you'd end up looking for a better quality cam in the longer term though, if you decide to keep using face tracking.

3. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Thanks for your quick answer!!

I found a solution! I opened the webcam software and turned the brightness slider to the minimum position and the webcam framerate came up to 30 fps (it's maximum)!!
    Now i get a fluid headtracking device (not as fluid as trackIR, but still pretty manageable)...

Hope this helps someone with the same problem in the future!!!
    ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I had the same problem with facetrack noir, and after some study i learned that the usb Playstation3 webcam is the one to go for if you don't want to spend to much money. For myself i bought one and the facetrack noir is running at 60fps now, read somewhere at facetrack noir forum that with that camera fps of 120 should be possible. Other positive thing is that your face will be light up enough by the light of your screen so no additional light behind the screen is needed.

I know the topic has solved status but i thought ah just post it to let you know.....:cool: