F2 2012 high FFB deadzone. Only me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex72, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Love the car but it has had rather large FFB deadzone since it was released, and after the latest rF2 update its even bigger. Am i the only one? I switch to the USF2000 and i can feel the weight of the car and the grip RIGHT at the center. It communicates from small steering inputs to big and i feel everything. In the F2 however i start feeling the FFB properly when i have turned the wheel maybe 30-45 degrees depending on how fast/hard corner im taking.

Maybe its being updated more and more and it will be fixed later on, but maybe it also feels fantastic FFB wise all over the wheel when you use a really good wheel? Im on DFGT atm and all the other cars have tight FFB, but this is the only one with a large FFB deadzone so i was a bit afraid that this is it. That its supposed to feel like this.

Yes i have amped up the minimum force but it just makes it weird and oscillates the wheel. You can only turn that setting up so much before it feels bad. It works great to get even more tighter FFB deadzone on the other cars but not on the F2, for me.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You shouldn't be afraid of that. In fact, if it feels the way it's supposed to feel, that means it feels the same (in relative terms, given controller limitations) as the real car. So instead of being something to fear, it should be something to celebrate and embrace.

Could be as simple as that - some cars feel different in real life, and they feel different in rF2.

hexagramme likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Well it's a very similar car to the Renault 2.0 by looks,but the ffb between iracing and this cars a poles apart,iracings car is tight at centre,here there's the dead zone.
    Cars of that type shouldn't have a dead zone

Alex72 likes this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hmm not sure i agree. Not having any feel of grip or weight at all for about 45 degrees left/right seems off to me. Similar cars I feel the weight distribution and grip much tighter than that.

If it is as designed then i guess this car is not for me. I cant drive when the wheel is super light and i cant feel the grip or weight of the car. Some people can drive without FFB but im not one of them. :)