[WIP] F1 1967

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Why do you want even more ffb, it seems pretty good to me even with my Fanatec CSW 2.5, your Simucube is more powerful than my wheel. I actually set the ffb multyplyer to 60 % instead of my normal average of 75%. I guess you want to sacrifice detail for shear power of ffb, too much ffb usually masks a lot of detail in my experience. I say leave the ffb as is.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Way back in the day of GPL, I remember reading a BBS post about the absolute perfect ffb for GPL. Of course we all tried it and everyone started arguing almost immediately. (I for one thought it was way too weak) :) EVERYBODY has a personal idea of what the perfect FFB is.

3. Highlandwalker

I've been driving this mod quite a bit recently and have found that the Lotus is 3.5 to 5-seconds faster than the rest of the field. It does vary slightly with different tracks. If I set the AI level so that I can compete with the Lotus the rest of the field is at least 3.5 seconds slower, I'm not the fastest driver, maybe some of you faster drivers may be getting different results. It would be interesting to see what results other people are getting. Really enjoying the mod though.

4. AKR

AKR Registered

I was under the impression that any increase by the mod maker does not affect the detail. If this is('nt) the case I agree to leave it as it is. Then it would be maybe better to raise the force in your wheelbase.

5. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Love the new update. However the BRM H16 engine car has a weird echo sound in the rpm range around 7000rpm. It sounds like a second engine is reving up on top of the regular one, it's very odd.

6. Highlandwalker

I agree increasing the ffb in the mod should not affect the detail, what I have found is if the ffb is too high in the mod it tends to make the ffb feel very harsh. There has been a couple of mods in the past which has had high ffb and still felt very harsh even when the ffb multiplier was turned down to 25-30%. I would have thought that your Simucube base has enough power to dial in the amount ffb that you want even if you have the small 17nm version.

7. AKR

AKR Registered

For sure my wheelbase has the power. Standard I set the ffb at 80% in the simucube software and ingame most of the individual cars then never require more then 100%. This mod however will (if I want it to be equal to most other cars). For example the EVE's produce more ffb than this mod when using the same values.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  8. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

@AKR, in this Update we used the same FFB Setting as the EVE, only the Lotus have a other FFB Setting, so you can compare the Lotus to the other Cars

9. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

After a hiatus from sim racing I've eventually got the bug again. Started out a season with these beauties, thanks again Chief for the awesome work. One small issue I am having is that despite having Mechanical Failures set to Time Scaled, I get zero failures through 20 min races. This has resulted in Lotus's finishing 1,2 and 3 in every race ! Hardly realistic for the period. Has there been a update to RF2 that has broken this ? Is this a mod specific issue ? I seem to recall a .ini setting that you could change to adjust failure rates but I may be getting confused with sims here.

10. goose814

goose814 Registered

Beautiful mod. The cars look and feel fabulous. I usually drive the Ferrari and did notice that the fuel gauge doesn't appear to be working in it. Otherwise, stunning.

11. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Yup I'm finding exactly the same. If the balance of performance could be tamed back a bit for the lotus then it makes a great mod for offline and online races. The work around for the moment is to omit the lotus from th grid.... but that just aint right :)

12. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

In my post above, which nobody has replied to unfortunately, my issue is reflected in this. For this time period the Lotus cars were a lot faster than the rest of the pack, probably not to the degree though mapped in the mod. What would bring realism to it though is to see the reason why they didn't win my GPs manifest, reliability, the cars broke down frequently. I've not seen a single mech failure in a full fictional season of 27 races !

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  13. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

don't worry about that we will fix this, we will edit also the Grip from the Cars, on some Tracks they are very fast

pkelly, Duncan and pascom like this.
  14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Can you also make the mirrors independently adjustable? They're not much use the way they are now. Thanks for your hard work on this mod, it's amazing!

Kronzky and pascom like this.
  15. goose814

goose814 Registered

Just curious, is this mod completed or just on the back burner for now? Thanks for any info.

16. Kronzky

Kronzky Registered

These are by far my favorite cars — especially in terms of physics. I haven't come across any other set that even comes close...

But, of course, there's the problem of the fast Lotuses, so I had to dip my toe into car modding a bit, and was able to equalize their performances somewhat. It doesn't affect the handling of the cars for the player, so they should still be as much fun as before, but you won't have those runaway Lotuses anymore.
    Here are the new results for Spa, Monza/Brianza, Monaco (All done at 100%, limiter/errors @ 0. Of course, they're still too fast everywhere, but now you can just lower their performance, and the whole field should be in a more realistic range.)

The mod (attached) is configured as an "update" for the original one (going from 0.80 to 0.81), and I hope it's ok to post it here...

Update: If you're finding the whole group too slow now, with the neutered Lotuses, I've created a few more options to equalize the pack. It contains: 1. slow Lotuses, 2. slow Lotuses with high level driver talents, 3. every car with the performance of the Lotus, 4. same high performance & same high talent for every car/driver. You can download the file from here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024 at 7:39 PM
    Raven80 likes this.