F1 1967 Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesB, Feb 19, 2021.

1. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Posted this on the steam workshop page for the mod (ChiefWiggum), but can anyone here help me please?

Hi, LOVE the cars but having a problem, can you help? I am trying to set them up for a race on the 66 Monaco circuit but the AI CANNOT do a lap of it, they cant even get out of the paddock area to get onto the circuit most of the time. They also crash going up Beau Rivage and end up pointing at the barriers unable to get themselves pointed straight again until they end up quitting back to the paddock which they then cant get out of again! And i have not seen ANY of them get round the first part of the chicane after the tunnel. They also almost invariably spin at Tabac. I have AI learning set to on and set up a practice session of 8 hours and left it running to see if they would learn the cct but when I cam back to it only 4 of them had managed a timed lap and those times were so long that they must have had multiple crashes. As I say, i LOVE the models, is this something I can fix or is it unrelated to the mod? The Brabham BT20 goes round it fine. Hope someone can help.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

3. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Thanks Lagg, yes its that car plus the Lotus 49 and the Honda RA300 as a pack but i will also post on the thread you pointed me to, thanks.

lagg likes this.
  4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

5. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

@JamesB I'm sure we can fix this

JamesB and Mauro like this.
  6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Fantastic, if you need me to help with testing etc then let me know. Great models BTW, love the whole period racing thing, much appreciate your work.

7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Chief, just so you know, I have tested them at several other historic cct's and although on a couple of them they often seem to clip the same curbs, on the whole they perform very well.
    I have tested:
    Monaco
    66 Spa
    Longford
    LeMans
    Crystal Palace
    Brianza.

Monaco is the only one where they cannot do a lap. If you want to know where I think they are clipping the edges too regularly I will make a list (its not long) but you probably would rather I shut up!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021