Expressing visiting this site too much and saying thank you ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salajutsu, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I'm not sure if I'm in the wrong for posting this, I just wanted to express the fact that I'm too impatient and I visit this site WAY TOO MUCH, looking for any updates, news, and mods.

Does anyone else do this? Seriously, please let me know that I'm not the only crazy one :)

I'm loving this game, it feels and works wonderfully. A huge learning curve with very high reward factor for one's self.
    I've met some cool people, clean racers, and also some great competition (which I was suprised at this point I can even keep up, yay me!)
    I'm not exactly very talkative on servers, and dont post alot in forums, but this anticipation is KILLING ME!!!!!
    I'm itching for what ISI has in store for the next update, especially considering how much is already here. I bought the game AFTER build 69, so I don't know how much it has improved personally, but as far as beta, this is great!

My impatience is not an act of complaint, I actually don't really mind, but yes, I'm gripping my face and typing "rfactor 2 mods" so many times a day I feel it is scary lol. That's definitely positive!

I recently helped a friend with paying for the game, I just gave him my DFGT to start (he's never been in sim racing). He didn't like the Simbin games much, didn't like alot of others, but even a novice is telling me how awesome rFactor2 is.

All in all, I'm glad I spent money on this, I needed something to break me from playing hours of GT5 and wishing the RACE series was better. Thank you ISI, fellow Modders, and fellow racers! Thanks for the real hard work that's been put into this, and thank you for making me feel proud to spend money on a software developer!

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

everybody here ;)

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well this is probably the most active site discussing rF2. I wouldn't worry too much about mods for another six months at least btw.

Yes I come here too much as well. More than alot of people around here would like. :p

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Hello, first post :D

I too am loving this racing sim. I've not really been into racing games that much tbh (flying games such as "Lock On" are my type of sim) but this one is just simply jaw drooping awesome! My previous history with racing games has been limited to arcade racers such as Grid, Dirt, F1 2010, F1 2011. I never even complete them because I loose interest in them quickly. But i've had this for well under a month and perhaps raced a total of 2 weeks worth in it so far (SO DAMNED ADDICTIVE IT'S UNTRUE!!!) and still showing signs of withdrawal when not racing in it :p.

The 1966 formula cars are just the best fun i have had for a long time in a racing sim with little to no sign of my enthusiasm dieing out anytime in the future. Never before have i ever had a reason to want to learn how to setup my car. I have learned so much in so little time (even if it is rather fundamental). I've been given some great advice by the quicker and more experienced drivers and they have really helped my lap times, for that i am really grateful to you guys!

Overall, keep up the amazing work ISI!

Salajutsu, I'm in the same boat as you. I too bought a copy for a friend to get his arse in gear and try the game already because i knew once he'd try it he wouldn't be able to resist playing continuously.....and turned out i was right :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  5. ROON

ROON Registered

Yup! I think quite a few of us come here more than we really should. ;) I recall I once gave up visiting the site dozens of times daily hoping for updates, and I didn't return for two weeks. Of course in that two week break the GT update was released. Just my luck, bah.

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

@Roon : If it worked last time maybe you could give up visiting for the next two weeks ;)

... And in reply to the OP, I visit looking for news of an update about 5 times a day, very sad!!

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

nikos thanks for posting that those look STUNNING!

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have the forums open in a Tab virtually all the time I'm at home! quite often pop in using my mobile when at work too, shows how much I love the game I guess....that or I have a problem :p

10. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Yup, Im here WAY too much, lurking around, reading up little snippets and, well, errr, looking for updates / mods etc too! Its all part of the fun, so your far from alone ;)

11. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes lol we are all the same, I do my quali lap then minimise game and come here to read :)

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

OMG YES!!! I saw this about a week ago and my jaw dropped to floor.
    Personally, I've never been into F1 (still am not in modern terms) but driving the 60's ones is like smoking your first cigarette that has HEALTH BENEFITS! That's a terrible analogy I know....I just woke up lol.

I'm learning A LOT about setups, and also this game helps me in others as well.
    Personally I absolutely love GT5. A lot of people have said it's "too easy" and I can't really disagree, especially with the tires in the game, however I feel it's more focused around ROAD cars, so I think it's realism holds ground there, but definitely not race cars.
    rFactor 2 has increased my skill in GT5 as well, not only in driving technique, but also in thinking about setups. And it's not the only game I felt this with. I recently went back to Race 07 with a couple friends and my laps times decreased maybe up to 1.5-2 secs.
    I actually have been using this game to practice for Richard Burns Rally, though that may sound a little strange, this game has helped me in that game as well.
    All this being said, this game feels like the real deal, and the potential for being the FATHER of sims for this next generation of sims :D I can't say that playing GT5 makes me better at rfactor2, but I CAN say the opposite, and that's a good thing.

Case in point, I don't want to compare any of these games. GT5 has a freedom of choice that's wonderful, race 07 has a good modding community, and is a good "starter" for first time simmers, and RBR is, well, RBR. I just like to point out that RFactor 2 has that realism that sets a great benchmark for learning other games as well, if so one wants to try another racer.

Driving at 160+ on belgium.....there is nothing in this world other than doing it in real life, that feels so completely insane and fast, but still so real. My friend's reaction upon first driving here was priceless. "AHHHHHHHHH! AHAHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHHH AHAHAH HAHHHHAHHH HHHHHHHAH AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!"

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@ Salajutsu... Welcome and "No", you're not alone in visiting often.
    I think most guy come here at least once per day to check for new content and fixes. It's the first site I visit on firing up my computer since installing the beta.
    This simulation has lots of potential. Nothing in simracing is more rewarding than getting the sixty's F1 cars around Spa for a few good lap, without hitting anything.
    The marketing is a brilliant move as well. I'd always wanted to see a company do exactly that. About the only gripe (and it is a very, very small one) is the lack of reporting concerning what ISI is fixing based on user reported issues. I realize it's all still BETA, and you can't show all the cards just yet, but that would be nice. I don't really care as much about release dates as much as I care about quality of content.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012