Export UVW map

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MHansen, May 15, 2015.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi,

This may be a stupid question that has been answered somewhere else, since it is rather basic, but I haven't been able to find the information anywhere. So...

Is there a way to create a texturemap in .psd format to create the textures for the car in Photoshop, so that I don't have to guess where the textures should be? That is, if I want to create a scratch texture and not work out from images or likewise?

Cheers,

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Wireframes and such export or save out of your 3d program. Paste them into your template as a new layer.

3. Radar

Radar Registered

I'm not sure if I got this right but will answer to what I think you are asking..

In 3ds Max, if you use the UVW Unwrap modifier, then Open UV Editor, then Render your UVW to a .JPG (or PNG as I prefer).. Open this file in the PSD that you wish to paint and that's it, you will now have the lines (wireframe template) needed to help you paint your car.

4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

as Radar says, your looking for 'Render UVW Template' in the UVW editing Tools menu.

Never make it to a jpg, jpg is a compressed format, it's most ideal to use .bmp or .png(un-compressed)

It will render on-screen and then you can save it, save button, top left of the window.