Excellent work with the latest shaders/graphical updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mister dog, Jun 27, 2020.

1. mister dog

mister dog Registered

I tried Le Mans this evening as I was curious to see an example of all the latest work that went into the updated lighting and shaders these past months. Truly impressed about the results, I think the lighting, colors and textures look top notch and probably even crisper and more natural than ACC which everyone applauds for that UE4 eye candy. If you can port this model over to the rest of the available content Rf2 will be one of the most realistic looking sims out there. I also tested a x10 day/night time progression and you don't have the stuttering sky anymore when it becomes night.

Looks like a different game entirely with these updates, and an industry leader when it comes to how realistic the lighting/shadows/colors work together. Your version of Le Mans is the best looking one now with the sheer amount of attention to detail trackside; from the reflectors at the barriers on the Mulsanne straight to every trackside object being represented in great detail. Night time atmosphere is incredible as well.

I hope some of this love spills to the ring too, we did our little N24 there last month and at night the atmosphere is a bit lacking, no lighted party tents, BBQ's or people doing their own DJ sets. :D

Risto Kappet and McKiernan like this.
  2. SRGP

SRGP Registered

+1 !

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Le mans is not yet fully updated, so it should be even better. Check Portland and Silverstone too.

mister dog likes this.
  4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Agreed, Le Mans is the best looking track on rF2 for sure and it really does look very good. Not only is the lightning superb, as proved by LM24 Virtual, but also the greenery is very well done, dense, with depth, but not eating too much resource.

Regarding the atmosphere of Nordschleife, the priority there should be to fix all the holes in the terrain... there are huge gaps everywhere where you can see through the ground, at all detail levels, at all times of day. And then update forests with same technology as Le Mans.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I look forward to nordschleife update too, I hope it happens. I think there is massive amount of stuff to be improved.

6. franser

franser Registered

Le mans looks excellent and super attractive especially at sunrise, sunset and night.
    I have a 4.2 ghz pc with a 16 gb ram and a 4 gb graphics card and it always looks over 100 fps in any condition. I can't say the same for nurburgring and nordschleife since I can't make it past 50 fps and the quality is horrible compared to le mans