Example.. new Palm beach single download + "old" formula two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Niksounds, May 21, 2013.

1. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Hi all,
    actually i do always fresh install of versions, removing all old contents.

Then i reinstall the new version, and ONLY the single components. Single car and single track.

But i love formula 2.

For you, the new palm beach, that i have downloaded, can do a conflict (also in not so "sensible" and direct aspects) with the old of F2 ?
    Actuallt i don't play with F2 for these kind of mismatch (for example , the hdr profiles in malesia was ko.. with both versions managed)

Nik

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Am I understanding that you want an example of how you can race at the F2 at the moment? If not, please let me know.

For me, easiest thing would be to find the Palm Beach 1.4 component in the list, uninstall.
    Install the F2 with Palm Beach, use it. Uninstall.
    Find Palm 1.4, install again. Swapping out, installing/uninstalling should take seconds.

Once the F2 is out as a component, the question won't apply.

3. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Perfect!
    thank you Nik

4. elbo

elbo Registered

A more elegant solution would be to create a vmod with the f2's and the new track...I take Tim's answer to mean that, like me, he is not a big fan of the current ISI vmod system :rolleyes:

5. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

can't wait til all the stuff is components - YAY

6. drdrum

drdrum Registered

I dont understand how to swap out the F2. When I instal F2 after installing Palm Beach 1.4 it returns to 1.1

7. BlaringFiddle5

probably can't do F2 at palm beach 1.4 until F2 car available in component form. Or - try installing F2 first and then palm beach 1.4 -== I bet that won't work tho - i bet the palm beach 1.1 will be loaded by the F2 mod as it calls for that version I bet.

8. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Yeah i tried that. Then when you go in game 1.4 is not there.
    so what does Tim mean when he said " Swapping out, installing/uninstalling should take seconds."
    Ok never mind I think I understand now. F2 at PB1.4 is not accessible at the moment.

9. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

YOU are supposing that. The answer says nothing of what you say.

10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Vmod's will allow you to drive the F2's and still have both tracks , first install the f2 with Palm beach 1.1, then add the Palm beach 1.4 to your packages/install .. in the track page it will only show the old track Palm 1.1 however they are both in there , Build a vmod >in the MAS2 create new mod package list they will both be there and will both work but you must have/build Vmods to use them , you can even build a vmod with the F2's on the new Palm1.4xx track at this point .. only draw back is you wont SEE the new palm 1.4xx in the tracks view, you can see it in list view but the (+) will not expand the track to choose it .. so in "All Cars and Tracks" you wont be able to choose the Palm 1.4xx but any and all vmods with either track will work fine .. so if your a All cars and tracks kinda driver this wont work for you ..

Here is a Vmod with the Formula 2's 1.1 at the new Palm Beach 1.43

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dux858vlrsx36y

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  11. BlaringFiddle5

yes - and taking the vmod route you can add other tracks that you'd like to F2 at :)

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Tim, how is/was the situation with F2 in regards to working with them to improve/optimize/update/fix the physics of the F2 car further? You said a while ago that you guys would still be doing this despite F2 ending. Did that work out ok/is it working out ok still?...

13. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Thanks for the vmod.