Error while registering mod - Mod ID - mod update

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Deleted member 24698, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys, we´re working on (and practicing for our own mod release)

What we´ve done so far is:

1. Make a base mod with ISI´s Clio, Megane and Nissen GT4. 1 track as well
    i then accidential uninstalled the mod and then i installed it and moved on:
    2. Made a Race01 update, which should gets the error "Error while registrering mod - modid"

But this cant be right, is there somewhere to be able to update it - if my hdd crashes, computer gets stolen..or whatever the reason is?

2. Tried a new approach.
    1. Make a mod - install it
    2. Make an update (track) - package >the it says the exact same thing "Error while registrering mod - Mod ID" (and yes has change version to 1.1 and update from 1.0)

I dont get this, now i guess this mod is messed up as well(?)

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

are you creating your own .rFm/icon.dds files that are named correctly and not the exact 1 from the mods you listed?

4. the rfm is the same (VLMS rF2 Fun Series.rfmod, VLMS rF2 Fun Series.rfm - the icons are called the same as default.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Are you trying to regester it again each time ? I think when doing an 'update' to a mod you dont need to "re regester" it as it will use the same ID as your just updateing the already regestered mod .. But if your not then i dont know ..

I had a prob like this and it was because i hit "regester" again after updateing when the mod was already regestered ...

It gave me same error ..

I could be wrong tho ?? lol ;-)

6. Well i cant test it now, since i reinstalled my machine - and fact is - i dont see how i should edit my "mod" i did earlier. Weird isent it?

7. You are suppose to hit the registrer, since i just didnt and it gave me an error when i tried to host a server.
    So what am i suppose to do, and others when they just want to update on the same machine or when their machine has been reinstalled. Please isi - an answer :(

8. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

You can always remove your registered mod-ID's through the account if you need to start over. (Purchase tab -> Manage Account -> Create MOD ID -> View mods -> Delete MOD ID)

9. Yeah, well not when drivers allready has the mod.
    One could make a completly new mod > add the new stuff and get people to download the new rfm and content. Not ideal - but works for now.

10. hockel

hockel Registered

hi Jimmi,
    I made the same experience. No matter what I do to create a MOD-Update, I always end up with the same error msg.

We want a All Cars and All Tracks MOD with the given ISI content at the moment and as soon as you mod hits the 2gb limit, you run into another problem. So what do we do? Building a MOD and a Update for it, but this is not working either.

All was left was creating a MOD with all Tracks, Sounds and Talents ; an a second NEW MOD to have all Cars and Point the Tracks, Sounds and Talents as VMOD within to be able to get what we want.