Error loading mesh file

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by thorfynn, Jan 28, 2022.

1. thorfynn

thorfynn Registered

Hello everyone.
    yesterday after the UI update i wanted to do a few rounds on algarve 2020 in multiplayer. rfactor started to load the track when suddenly the error message "Error loading mesh file RACESURFACE_RMBL_39.GMT to memory" appears and rfactor hangs on it. The same thing happened in single player mode.
    I then uninstalled and reinstalled rfactor2 in Steam. After almost 68 GB and hours later, the same error message still came up. Then I manually unsubscribed and resubscribed to Algarve - still the error message.
    Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
    Thank you folks.
    Greetings from the black forest, Michael

2. Corti

Corti Registered

all ok here. (Test in single player)
    algarve3.jpg algarve2.jpg algarve1.jpg

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

first thing EVERYONE seems to do, almost NEVER works.

Corti and lagg like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just tried it offline as well. Worked fine for me, and I did my usual testing by driving over as many varied surfaces as possible. Grass, Sand, Curbs, even the Asphalt. I seem to find them all. It worked fine. What I did do, prior to subscribing to this version of Algarve, was remove a couple of older versions I had. One in the workshop, one in the packages folder.
    one last hail mary thing to try, see if you can X out the error message, try alt-tabbing to ensure there is not another error box hiding behind the loading screen. It may continue to load.

5. thorfynn

thorfynn Registered

Thanks for the feedback.
    Now everything is stable again. I uninstalled my rfactor, then deleted all associated folders and had steam install everything again. then again unsubscribed algarve and subscribed again.
    And finally i updated my graphics card driver. maybe it was because of that.
    The most important thing is that everything is running again. Yesterday we had our first cup race of the year and everything went smoothly without any crashes.
    And by the way thanks to studio 397 for the UI update. not only does it look good, but - more importantly - it feels much more fluid and ergonomic than the previous one.

Many greetings from the black forest, Michael