English gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Woke up this morning, fired up the computer to get some laps in before work and with no input from me, my english language option in RF2 configuration is 'missing in action'. I only have Deutsch or French..no english. These are the only options displayed, if I start RF2 from the desktop icon and select 'configure sim' via the launcher. If I try to run the rf2 config.exe utility inside the core folder within the RF2 directory, there is no language option. The sim still runs, but I neither speak french or german so I guess I need a fix. Does rf2 need any folders saved to avoid reactivation should I need to go that route? Thanks.

2. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Hast du Ihre Konfiguration überprüft?

sry, just kidding. ;)
    Have you tried changing your config manually (if its different)?
    In rFactor2\UserData\Config.ini I got this line:
    LanguagesFile=ENGLISH.DIC

I dont know if this setting is related to your issue, but maybe you could check?

Edit:
    language files are in rFactor2\Support\Languages
    Now I look at it, my english filesize is 0 bytes. (but on a server install, never booted rf2 there)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks Roadster.
    Your language folder location was of great help. I simply created a new English.dic file in the support\languages folder and all is good again. Don't know why it was missing but "oh well!" Back to the racin'. Thanks again.

4. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Great that the final solution could be so simple, nice! :cool: