Engine Wear

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ciccina2016, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Hello Guys
    I have been playing for a while the following mod which is suberb
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1365069981

However, I broke the engine all the races I joined.
    During all races , I constantly changed engine boost and engine map to overtake.
    I thought that keeping the engine temperature under 100 C would not break the engine but I was wrong.
    Do you know if it is possible to add a engine wear indicator or could the CrewChief app alert you about that?

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

FSR say that the quali mode is only good for one lap or so and the engine will blow if you use it too long.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It has been talked in the past. Only S397 could provide this figure and apparently they are not willing to offer it.

It should be theoretically possible to create a variable where estimated engine lifetime could be measured. You have the initial lifetime (the deviation is random and would provoke uncertainty) which runs at different "wear" speed depending your rpm, turbo and oil temp.

However, in most official vehicles all this info is encrypted so a 3rd party tool would be pointless.

The question IMO is:
    Why does the sim provides a wear value for tires and not for engine or brakes? I understand that real teams have an estimation of those.

We need the same in rF2. An estimation of normal lifetime for all key elements. This wouldn't save us from a puncture or ar engine blowup in case we drive over debris or fail to reduce to first gear prematurely.

4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Yes... it would be so cool. An estimated life expectancy that gets updated at each lap based on your drive style /damage which can then be passed at the crewchief app to make suggestion on pushing less on Revs or pitting or other actions..