Engine sound changes bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Obi, May 29, 2022.

1. Obi

Obi Registered

Has anyone experienced the engine sounds changing from what I'm assuming is the old version engine sound to the upgraded engine sounds while racing? I believe it happens when shifting gears.

For example at the start of the race one might not notice until he/she shifts into 5th gear then all of a sudden the newer sound kicks in. This has occurred a few times for me but not very often. Anyone out there noticed this?

GT3 cars is where I'm experiencing this. Has happened on a few tracks..

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't believe any of the GT3 cars have been presented as updated to the new sound engine. Therefore you could be hearing a mixture of both. Only the new BTCC cars, The Indycar & Formula Pro(+the TEST Oreca) have been updated. If you hear something similar while driving those cars, then it's a bug. If not, the sound you hear is an incomplete transistion from the old to the new and is awaiting an update to allow EACH individual GT3 car to benefit from the new sound engine.

3. Obi

Obi Registered

Ohhhh okay. Then what you say makes sense.

For instance the Ferrari 488 GT3 evo the engine tone sorta changes from a lighter to a somewhat deeper version. It's really no big deal. I just thought it had something to do with the "upgraded sound" kicking in and out. Thanks for shedding light for me.