Endurance Race - "Formation Lap" after a rejoin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eduardo Henriques, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Eduardo Henriques

Eduardo Henriques Registered

We wanted to bring to your attention a bug that occurred during a 12H race in the Portugal Endurance Series - Nurburgring GP, which took place this last Saturday.
    This bug happened to at least 3 teams, with cars from the LMH and GT3 categories. After a team drops from the server, due to a lost connection or graphical error, the pilot drops from the server. It is a situation that unfortunately happens (AMD Drivers, internet connection etc), and fortunately the driver can reconnect and return to the race. But to these 3 teams, the following happened:

- the driver rejoins, and when he gets in the car, he receives the message that he is in "Formation Lap" , despite the fact that we are in the middle of the race and have already performed hundreds of laps
    - The pilot leaves the pit and when he reaches the pitlane exit there is a red light. Leaving for the track automatically takes a DT, always receiving indication that it is in Formation Lap
    - The pilot even taking the DT, when they stop in the pit to try to swap to another pilot, it simply does nothing, and the swap of the pilot does not happen.
    - After leaving the pit the team is disqualified. Even removing the DQ manually by Admin, the "formation lap" information remains.
    -This situation forced the withdrawal of 3 teams since it was impossible to overcome this situation
    - In many editions of endurance racing it was the first time we saw this type of error.

In terms of the server, the event occurred without any problems.

[​IMG]

Forza_GaRy and Ricardo Diz like this.
  2. Carlos Santos

Carlos Santos Registered

May be worth noting that, in the same race, sometimes drivers joining the server as spectator would also get the "Formation Lap" message on screen as soon as they were riding with the car they would swap in.
    Fortunately in these cases (a regular driver swap not related with other issues) the message would go away with no harm done the moment the spectator took control of the car.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I know this won't address the core problem within the sim but something for all league admins to consider.

One thing to INSIST on for league members would be to use v22.5.1 of the AMD drivers. Zero lockups, Zero CTD at 100% track load.
    I grew up in the age of memory hacks where drivers would join/drop/join/drop/join repeatedly all throughout each session. (to help hide their memory edits to create a cheat car) So pre-race drops really chap my hide. Anything a user can do to prevent that should be required.
    For AMD users, (like myself) v22.5.1 should be the only allowed video driver.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023