Endurance pack - Porsche GTE WEC #91 and #92

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by tobiaspetry, Oct 31, 2022.

1. tobiaspetry

tobiaspetry Registered

Hi,

I've been off the sim for a while, and I see the GTE cars from the Endurance Pack DLC have been updated a few months ago, with the Le Mans Virtual liveries and the new tyres by Goodyear, among other things.

I have two questions:
    1) I cannot find the WEC original liveries for Porsche #91 and #92. It seems as if the virtual liveries have overridden the WEC ones. Do I recall correctly that those WEC liveries were there beforehand? If so, is there any way I can make them show up again?
    2) Currently, there are two versions showing up for most GTE cars: a previous one shod with Michelin tyres and a new one with Goodyear tyres. Is there any way to keep the Michelin tyres version available on a fresh new install, or will it install only the Goodyears?

Thanks in advance

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

regarding 2nd question :

I think you need to back up older version of cars if u wish to use them even after update. so if u have backed them up there is a way iirc, but i don't know it sadly.

is there a reason why u want to keep/ go back to older tyre version ? the newer goodyear tyres are more realistic , so i'm bit confused and curious why u want to do so.

3. tobiaspetry

tobiaspetry Registered

For a closer graphical representation of WEC cars - that's also the reason for trying to use the original liveries. Not so much for the tyre model, as the new one is probably more realistic.

4. Fbalelah

Fbalelah Registered

I have the same problem! I wish to keep the official Le Mans 2020 liveries with the respective Michelins tyres. I care a lot about immersion! Michelins tires are the official Le Mans competition in 2020. Losing Porsche's main liveries is unacceptable. I would like to have both options: the Michelin tires and the new Goodyear ones.

5. Simulation_Player

I get your point now, maybe you guys can find liveries on racedepartment , or somewhere else.

davehenrie likes this.
  6. tobiaspetry

tobiaspetry Registered

I've managed to open the thumbnails in the corresponding .mas file, and it turns out that those were not official WEC liveries for the Porsches, but also LM Virtual ones from a previous edition, which looked very similar to the real 91 and 92 cars.
    91_PORSCHE1A426D1B-icon-512x288.png
    92_PORSCHE2852458F-icon-512x288.png
    Thanks for your time, @Simulation_Player. I'm gonna look for some skins for the DLC.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  7. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    tobiaspetry likes this.
  8. tobiaspetry

tobiaspetry Registered

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  9. Simulation_Player

yow will need to edit sound file name in upgrade.ini of older skins , since GTE received new sound engine.
    just copy paste sound file name from current car.

tobiaspetry likes this.