End of the world... end

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

View attachment 5292 Here is a pic of my cat and the bird he can't have.
    The bird had no idea what could have happened. I would even take him outside and get right up the bird (bird would eat out of our hands). Darn thing had no fear at all of the cat.
    The cat simply couldn't believe the bird would just sit there like that (he has caught birds before).

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Chortle chortle, guffaw guffaw

XD

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, all I can say to that is, wait until you get tad older, first 30minutes impossible to read anything, even with glasses, first hour or so world is spinning, takes about 2 hours to feel even close to same as last evening when going to sleep, still there is this bad taste in your mouth with quite often annoying headache. All the 'joys' from drinking without drinking. After four hours one can somehow manage his hands enough to not drop most things, but it lasts only few hours as things start to get back to worse until at early evening must keep sitting down or go to bed as one can't really stay upright too well anymore.

Yay the aging and several issues that comes with it :p

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Wow... I`ve had many cats in my time but never seen/heard one do that... certainly not for as long or as clear anyway. Really did sound like NONONONO lol...

Amazing. Big lol for the NONONONO Cat. :)

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Sh*t scared, maybe cat has something happened to it which had created some sort of trauma, something that is related to similar looking / age / size / smelling person.

Biggest of mine is such that if I don't wear exact same looking clothing he runs to hide, wearing a jacket is very bad, in split second he accelerates to full speed and wedges himself between mattresses that are stored at other room, you can see only his tail as he is 'hiding'.

One of mine started growling and looking where to attack to silence that noise maker as I played the video, he still stares at speaker from heights motionless after minutes, maybe he got broken :-o

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree jtbo, something was definitely spooking out the cat for sure... strange that he/she didn`t try to run away though and that NONONO noise was quite freaky really when you think about it.

:eek:

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Little cat psychology:

The cat is not scared per se, it is defending its turf, very common when two male cats meet and figure out who belongs there and who doesnt. Reason for it to see the situation where it needs to defend its home against a human child is anybodys guess, but it is showing all the signs of an animal that is holding its ground and not caring about anything else except the "enemy".
    It hisses twice and both times to its owners, it is agitated and being uncomfortable and it expresses to anybody who interfears with its focus and dominant position to make it look weaker in the eyes of the "enemy" by hissing.(cat language: go away)
    The owner pets it and touches back of its neck and that is a dominant thing to do, the cat covers first and hisses for a warning.

This cat is all buffed up and asserting its dominance, it is not scared. More like the behavior of the nono cat.

This fellow is scared, it is crouched down and giving all the signs of fearful cornered animal that will kill you if you go closer.

Nono cat is funny as hell, and I do not like to see any animal in distress but sometimes they need to run their course in their own way and you can help them the best by being calm and showing by example that there is nothing to be worried about or to be scared of, and let them be. If the animal trusts you, you can guide it to the right emotional stage and insert the calm energy that is needed to snap them out of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

And these cats deside to both stand their ground and it ends up in a scuffle.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Indeed Golanv... not scared per se indeed and spooked was maybe a bad choice of word to use.

I`ve had many cats throughout the years and have seen and "studied" (for want of a better word) a lot of their behaviour and what you say is spot on.

I suppose what I meant was it`s strange that a child would bring that kind of reaction from the moggy... I know animals can react to people in strange ways if they associate some clothes they may have on with something somebody else wore that was maybe bad to them etc and even smells etc can make them react in funny ways but still, that cat was certainly pretty upset with something or somebody.

The Nono cat lol...

I`ll not forget seeing him/her in a hurry lol... :)

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That black cat of mine hisses at me sometimes, I hiss back at him bit louder and I can almost see gears turning above his head while he process this new development and then turns away, when I pick him up, he is like boiled pasta, or some sort of liquid, he relaxes every muscle of him and then starts purring.

Also he likes to travel on my shoulder, but he does not like from petting at all, except twice a day when he gets a mood.

It is very difficult to say anything that all cats do, as they are so hugely different and ferals vs tame ones, lot of differences, ferals being easier in some ways, but there is lot of work in taming them in other hand.

Once I wondered who on earth would like cats, but then in order to save few poor animal's life I ended up having them cats and I learned why ;)

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

My cat s***ed on my new girlfriends coat, when she left it on the bed lol (previous century though)

12. Traveller

Traveller Member

The version of the one cat video as it was first linked to me a while back:

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Observing animals is alot of fun and if you have any interest at all of behavior it is very educational. Humans biggest problem is that we have forgotten how to react to these minute changes in animal behavior and we usually do the wrong thing out of ignorance.

Cats are very independent animals, have very distinquished personalities and are quite one with them selves in all situations. They have more of the feral spirit left than most other domestic pets and thats why Im a cat person to the bone.

I love dogs, and their wolf like obidience when you establish a good pack. It is great to meet a dog and after first 10 minutes you can see what they think about you and as they accepts the fact that you are their superior, even their alfa or beta, you have a friend for life. Its not quite as simple with cats, it is said that human picks their dogs, cat selects a human, and I have seen countless times that being the case.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Very true.
    Also remember that dogs see human owner as chief of their herd.
    There are many instances where dogs rescued their owners, they do that because they have instict of hierarchy, as wolves do, and they want to protect the herd by rescuing the leader.

Cats on the other hand, are not herd animals (though they are amazing mothers) and they simply coexist with humans, trusting and accepting feeding hand after a transition period they are sure of your well meaning (they check you a lot before they accept you).

Also, dont underestimate animals size compared to humans.
    Big dogs are more relaxed with humans, compared with nervous small ones.

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Observing enough of animals teaches one so much of life, how all life has similarities and differences, when looking enough carefully and close even a very tiny ant for enough long one learns to appreciate all life so much better, it is just not some animal, it is poor bastard that is just trying to get along in life, doing his things to stay alive for next day, like we all are, well humans do have luxury of ignoring struggle of life if human has born into lucky place, not all are so lucky.

When learning enough from life, one can learn what is really important (instead what is told or what feels important) which then may lead to better life as a whole, maybe bit free from always getting more newer and better slavery :)

To prevent real end of the world, I think something of such might be needed more.

I have sometimes thought what it would be in cat's position, just imagine how huge us must look for them and how badly deformed our bodies must look in their eyes, show me one human who would not be scared if such monsters suddenly would appear, no matter how nice they appear to be.

Cat has claws, cat certainly knows about them, they know what size they are, just imagine how it must look when they see our fingers, huge claws!

That is again different perspective to same world one lives in, but how much more one knows about that world when looking from another perspective, that is what differences between people are too, chances to find out new perspective to look from, always providing something new bits of information.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

A very bad thing with animals is that humans percieve them as cute toys.
    They are baby animals, adult animals and old animals, as we are.
    Realising this, we understand their needs more clearly, and that way, we help them be.

I

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

this has really turned now in a cat video sharing platform... just make rF2 gold as it is...

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Cant really say no to that, but I'd rather share some cat/pet vids/stories/pics for awhile still and get more polished rF2 at the end. :)

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

you prefer end of the world sharing platform? I ll see what I can do

CABOOM!

Merry Christmas :)

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not only cats

View attachment 5316