Eletric cars

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by SLuisHamilton, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not like wipe-out.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did attempt to create one recently, there was few things that bothers.

One is that when I did attempt to change way fuel is showed, it did nothing, my attempt was like this:
    FuelRange=(1.0, 1.0, 12)
    FuelRangeSpecial=(0,"1","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(1,"2","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(2,"3","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(3,"4","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(4,"5","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(5,"6","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(6,"7","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(7,"8","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(8,"9","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(9,"10","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(10,"11","kWh","")
    FuelRangeSpecial=(11,"12","kWh","")
    FuelSetting=11

Second issue was that engine at 0rpm will not start, despite at 0rpm it having lot of torque as I used one speed torque curve of AC motor for torque curve, based on peak power of Hiper AC-50 Drive.

So I settled to 10rpm idle, even 1rpm probably works.

Regen systems I don't think are possible currently.

So ability to choose fuel to be Gallons, kWh or litres (maybe grams for F1?) would be needed and regen systems, for engine dying at 0rpm some solution would be needed too, but it might be possible to overcome with backtorque settings or such, also regen systems would be needed, but not whole lot really, of course regen systems might require some work.

I did read how at many boards they praised AC-50 how much torque that thing has etc. Felt boring to drive, very slow, but of course first second when launching was nice. Didn't bothered with sounds, just turned engine sound to 0 and engine sounds are the thing for me so maybe that is why it was boring. That motor to go kart might be more interesting.

3. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Well electric car are not soundless (maybe that"s an artificial sound for security but it has sound and a not that bad one! )

4. dandar

dandar Registered

For me, what seems to be a current important limitation in order to replicate an electric/hybrid (and some combustion) engines is the lack of support for special gearbox systems like a "infinitely or continuously or electric variable transmission". Despite the pro and cons, this systems are starting to show up more and more on the market in different prototypes.
    In some near future we will see several combinations between different engine and gearbox systems (a whole new dimension of posibilities).
    Sadly, the current engine simulation on rf2 can be tweaked in a way to "behave" like an electric motor (as jtbo explained before) but there is no way to make a workaround in order to match an hybrid engine or non-traditional gearboxes.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can create fake automatic which lacks kick down or CVT which is stuck to high gear, but those become surprisingly good when adjusting carefully clutch torque, just not quite like real ones, but probably sometime they do gearbox code some overhaul and maybe then more possibilities are added, but it probably has to wait until more important parts are done.

There are electric drag racing cars that have their own series.

Oh yes, electric cars do have a sounds, many kind of sounds actually and very much depend from how much load there is, which actually would require quite bit of work for sound engine I believe.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

You can turn of the fuel with only (bigger) kers working as the engine. Make one crescent sound for the engine, let only tires and wind activated and do the maths for the torque and tyre wear :)