electric cars - any advice?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Ozzy_Uk, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Ozzy_Uk

Ozzy_Uk Registered

hey everyone, wanted to try to put together an electric car, and i have no idea where to start with the giant spreadsheet of car data. i have an existing combustion car i was to change to be a single speed ev.
    can anyone provide any assistance on how to do that?
    I've pulled down libreoffice and the example spreadsheet, thanks!
    Oz.

2. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

well you could make the torque curve to be basically flat and start to degrade at higher rpm

and to simulate battery wear you can just use the fuel amount you have. and tweak fuelconsumption in a sense.

And make sure you dont use fuel when you brake. or idle the car

take look at the skipbarber on Moddev and look at the values there. so you understand the values itself. as the spreadsheet requires actual engineeringknowledge to use properly so it might be easier to take look at skipbarber and tweak it around.

doddynco and Ozzy_Uk like this.
  3. Ozzy_Uk

Ozzy_Uk Registered

Thanks! I think I worked out the torque curve to match what I know the output is, and gearbox to be single speed and top out at the right max V.

however I’m not sure how to do the fuel tricks you mentioned. Where would I find that in the spreadsheet?

thanks in advance!

4. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

The lines on there should be on the power of the car itself by default the car should eat out fuel on its own. you could make the fuel to be basically weightless so the car does not get the weight from it. as batteries dont run on liquid fuel.

FuelConsumption=2.9e-5 // affected by throttle position, engine rotation, and air density

FuelDensity=0.74 // kg/liter

Probably to play with thease values itself.