Easier esc menu accessibility and streamline practice

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Wade, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Wade

Wade Registered

Two requests I have would make jumping into a practice session feel more logical and would address things that create the feeling of spending less time playing and more time getting ready to play.

There are two problems caused by one thing (pressing esc in practice takes you back to pits). One is that you can't access your controls without taking unnecessary time and disrupting the experience. And the other is that esc as a pause function is not there, but it can take you out of the experience if you accidentally press it (like what I just did on Nords.)

And when you do a partial lap, and then all of a sudden it's like that driving never happened, several times over and over again, it makes it feel as if you've not been doing anything and the time just vanished, when you could have been driving around while you tinker with settings. I wish the game let me feel permanence of the experience.

And I honestly don't want to go back to the pits and then have to turn and accelerate and everything, over and over again, just to check or change settings.

In addition to changing that, I would like further streamlining of the practice session by having the pit light green at the beginning of the session. It would save time when testing lots of different cars in new sessions.

I think these things would reduce that feeling of spending less time driving due to resetting.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We could go back to the days of Nascar Racing 3(or 4) where when you pressed esc, the sim computed how long a tow truck would take to drag your car back to the pits. We have seen this wait for the track to open complaint, almost always from folks from other sims, if you majikally transport back to the pit box, then you would also have to enable that majik 'no contact in the pitlane' even when cars drive right thru each other. There is realiam, and then there is realism.