dx 11 ???

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by GregT, Jun 5, 2017.

1. GregT

GregT Registered

OK, so I still can't run rf2 in dx11 after deleting cbash and shader folder contents. Upon starting, I get the normal delay with the rf2 eye test then, rf2 has stopped working. Close the program or check online for a solution, neither one does anything, it just stops working. I go back to steam/rf2/right click/properties/betas/opt out/ close & return, hit play and it works. I am exhausted reading all the do this do that posts when actually none will work for me. Any help is appreciated.
    windows 8.1-intel core i-7 6700k cpu @4ghz. Nvidia geforce gtx 960. latest rf2 install

2. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Disable all plugins that draw to the screen, they wont work with DX11 and make it crash. Leave only the default plug ins for now and test again.

3. GregT

GregT Registered

No plugins, same result. went back to dx9, all is well but wish I could see the difference. Thanks anyway, I'll watch the forum, maybe somebody else has the same problem.

4. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

Try verifying the install?

5. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Didn't some people have to delete their player.json and let it create a new one at launch?

6. GregT

GregT Registered

verified all files, missing one, reacquired, restarted, crashed. reverted back to dx9, all ok.

when I started rf2 and I just got the rfcmp/packages/install/confusion figured out about the time .json took over and I had all kinds of problems and went to steam shortly after and don't mess with files so I am ignorant to .json and the inner workings. I put my helmet on, hit play and smile. One day I will be forced to figure it out, you know, necessity being the mother of invention and all, since rf2 has become a necessity after retirement. Thanks tho for trying to help.

7. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

Too weird.
    Wish you could get sorted!
    DX11 Is running pretty smooth now.

8. GregT

GregT Registered

Thanks..that's what i hear...lol

9. albert39

albert39 Registered

When I have very big problems I save principal configurations like the wheel and uninstall rfactor2 completely and then put my configurations another time in a new one.
    I think it is the best solution but only when you have tried all.
    Try it if you want to play another time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  10. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

I assume you are running no plugins ?

11. GregT

GregT Registered

crew chief installed but disabled and have tried both ways, on/off, no difference. Don't think i'm complaining tho, i love it w/dx9 and will continue to enjoy it while chasing a solution.

12. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

What are your system specs?

At this point if I were you I would try completely clean and fresh install, see what happens. If that doesn't fix it then it may be a bug related to your specific system configuration. GPU drivers or something like that, who knows.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

When I get those symptoms while switching between DX9 and DX11, the solution is always that I forgot to disable plugins.