Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by shanebell618, Aug 3, 2019.

1. shanebell618

shanebell618 Registered

Hi all, long time lurker.

I currently only have two monitors. Is there a way I can set up some custom views, where the wheel is on the left screen, and the right screen is an angled view out the right side of the car? I have read some old posts about softTH but it appears there is no support for DX11?

I have an AMD card, so I tried eyefinity, but that puts the wheel dead center between the two screens.

Thanks!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Corti likes this.
  3. shanebell618

shanebell618 Registered

That did work "kind of". The view is weirdly stretched and too zoomed in after adjusting with the plugin. And the hud is still in the middle. I guess what I am trying to do is more use the center monitor as you normally would, just like single monitor mode. But then have the right side monitor act as it's own separate camera view. Not just extend the display. Weird request I know :/

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, you'd probably need in-game support for that sort of thing. Unfortunately unlike some (rare) games rF2 doesn't do 'multiview' except for triples. It is possible to edit the HUD (it's a fairly long process, I can't help) so you may have some joy there with a single wide 'screen'. As for stretching etc, that's going to be tough to correct. Maybe you can find a setting that works, but I haven't played around with a dual screen setup so I can't offer any starting points.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

So eyefinity/NV surround is needed to multiple monitors? Watching to see how you manage this, as I also have a spare monitor, but smaller 24", and want to use them for side monitors to my 32". Sometimes too humid to use VR.

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'm wondering if there is a way to setup a second screen to show something like laptimes,telemetry, tire temp, etc. Clean up my main screen for driving and show useful stuff on the second screen. Simhub maybe?