DTM 2012 Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Pascal Martin

Pascal Martin Registered

Great Job Denis,
    We organize a french championship (rFactor 1) on http://www.project-france.com, if you need a beta tester we are 17 drivers. Currently we use the one-DTM MOD RML.
    I am eager to discover your version 2013.

2. Pascal Martin

Pascal Martin Registered

Hello
    Great Job Denis, I am organizing a DTM French also with MOD by rfactor-motorsportliga.
    If you need a beta tester, we few pilots available.

I am very excited to see your mod on rFactor 1

Pascal

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL... I don't like payware mods but it's still preferable than the famous "It's a private Mod" stuff. There're a lot rF1 mods which are supposed to be released and remained as "private" until now, after years. No offenses.

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Actually, this thread shows why payware mods aren't a bad thing.

I can pay a small fee to race the T5 mod now, with skinpacks and talent files soon to be released to convert it into the official series...

or, I can wait on this DTM2012 mod which *may* or *may not* be released in the autumn. We don't know if this mod will be kept private or not.

At least that's my opinion on this.

5. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

+1

6. aranil

aranil Registered

Sad but true ..

The people insist on saying that paymod are the cancer of this simulator, but the biggest problem I see now are the private mods and selfishness of most developers.

Open source should be the way if you want to get a good simulation, but it eventually stalled mods having several of the same all imperfect rather than using between developers previous work and seek to improve them for the good of the whole community.

Each contributing in turn, 1 +1 +1 +1 +1 is as improves somewhat, but if everyone starts from 0, progress slows a lot.

It makes no sense when it comes to something nonprofit, theoretically only for enjoyment.

(Google translator)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just a question? Is this announcement an effort to get more league members, or a thread just to say "look what we got!"

Just sayin', cause I can't seem the reason for the original post. The whole thing just seems a bit strange.

Maybe I just shouldn't have read it and then I wouldn't have been wondering about it.

@arinil, I don't look at someone not releasing a mod that they made as selfish.... What I do look at is why post about it and say, " uh, I don't know if we will let anyone have it, but it looks pretty good, Doesn't it?"

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

To be fair the original post was referencing another DTM mod posted on rfactorcentral and was kind of hijacked by a different mod.

9. coops

coops Banned

+1 agree on all things said.

10. aranil

aranil Registered

@jimcarrel Im talking on general

I do not mean to develop for yourself, I mean those who refuse to work old and / or abandoned to be used by others to be adapted and / or getting improved adaptation / improvement have to be deprived of obligation.

Also, while you develop for yourself does not cost you anything to share your work maybe someone else can enjoy it.

But hey, this is only my opinion.

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Who owns the licencing for dtm? If you DON'T have the official license for a series and still want to race... Id keep the mod for my league. This massively reduces the risk of being attacked.

Secondly people should stop speaking about open source mods.... There might be free cars and tracks but this has nothing to do with open source....lets not mix up everything.

12. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hello, I think if it's a private mod should to advertise on your forum and not in this, or at least ask permission to do the publicity and a song of his.
    Indirectly pay your mod is also, because if you have I have chiro to register in their league and pay a fee to run the online.
    As for the criticisms about mods payment is as simple as that if you do not want to pay do not buy it and that's it and we should not go around saying the silly and out of the blue "other payment mod in sight".
    If your mod is in your league and your league just does not teaching it here.

Sorry for my English. In Google.

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

You had me at payware. Why the hell would people pay for mods which are made by the public?

14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

everything is a free ride isnt it? nobody wants to pay for anything, music, films, sim cars...

im firmly in the 'don't want to pay? dont buy it' camp. i have bought some payware and its been great. if it was £30 id be moaning my balls off but its not its like £5

good luck to them if they want to charge for it. if they use the money to develop it more, then i cant see any reason not to

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I already paid $85 for the game, I don't want to keep paying forever. I'd hardly call that free. There's so many other mods that are free, I'll jut keep looking elsewhere. This is a hobby, IMHO it shouldn't become a business.

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

but all the 'game' content ie ISI, isnt payware, its in your payment for the game

if others invest time and effort to create something then i dont see that charging for it is a problem.

it'll be subject to supply/demand anyway, if no one pays for it then they wont continue, but if people also see they get money for producing their 3rd party mods then we may get some high quality mods that otherwise wouldnt have been made

its an interesting time, and i guess we have to see if the payware model produces good quality mods or if it just becomes poor mods being charged for that no one buys

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The vast majority of hobbies are a business. Few are completely free. Sim racing isn't. You pay for your wheel and pedals, you pay for the games you play.

By all means avoid payware, but rob1178 is right - why shouldn't modders ask for a small fee for high quality content? Modding is only going to get more complex and time-consuming.

Of course, the best way to reward modders would be via donations but how many people do that? How many donated to feels3 for his outstanding work?

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

feels3 could easily be charging for his tracks, they are of a very high standard. we're lucky he hasnt chosen to go payware, but as you say the resources needed to do this work will only increase and it certainly isnt fair for modders doing that for free to get hundreds of 'hurry up' posts or those ever so familiar not-so-constructive criticism comments...! not that im pointing fingers in here (and i'm really not), but it does happen

19. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Feels does accept donations ;) Which I think he deserves. It is a better system than mandatory fees imho.
    Link: http://preview.tinyurl.com/nm5cexk

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree donations is in my opinion is a mid term compromise where modders are economically gratified for their job according to its quality and the economical possibilities of each.

In that way modders could better attend the requests of the ones that have donated and just ignore those trolls that want everything free, just criticize and dont appreciate the effort done.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2