DSD button controller and SVmapper

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cbrew73, Oct 25, 2014.

1. cbrew73

cbrew73 Registered

I just purchased a DSD button box. It has more inputs than recognized by rFactor2. I used svmapper as suggested by DSD. I can see it is working by inputting in the notepad. I cannot seem to get rFactor2 to recognize SVMapper is running in the background. I am sure there is something simple I am missing. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

2. cbrew73

cbrew73 Registered

More info. SV is functioning properly. The problem seems to be with the games themselves. AC can map either the buttons themselves or the key stroke attached to the buttons. Rf2, simraceway and raceroom do not recognize button press or key map once in game. I can use the buttons to type in text chat in simraceway.

3. coops

coops Banned

i have the black max DSD button box i go str8 to controls in game (rf2) and i can map anything to the button box. click on item and select button on DSD button box at the end of selections save to a new controller name and then load it everything should work. You will also have to load the wheel and pedal controls again to, so the hole lot is saved under new controller name.

4. cbrew73

cbrew73 Registered

Thank you for the response. I will give this a try, but the issue comes when selecting buttons 33 and up. Rfactor2 recognizes and allows me to map 1-32. It shows up as button presses on the box. I thought I would be able to use svmapper for buttons 33 and up. It appears there is something within rF2 that blocks the signal to the mapping software. I have been in contact with DSD who has duplicated the issue, but does not know how to fix it.

5. coops

coops Banned

I dont have an answer for that sry i only have 31 buttons. Might be an ISI issue you could send PM through to Tim see if he can get you an answer.

6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered