DRS, P2P, and HUD text color issues.

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Altron, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Altron

Altron Registered

1. DRS

Even cars without Rear Flap(DRS), DRS related HUD elements works.
    If you drive GT3 cars(which has no DRS) on Spa, when you are within 1 second behind an opponent, 'Rear flap detecton LED' turns on, and you hear the sound when you enter DRS zone, and 'Rear flap status LED' turns on. But you can't turn DRS on because GT3 cars doesn't have one.
    There should be no DRS related HUD element and sound when driving cars without DRS.

2. P2P (similar issue like DRS)

Even cars without P2P, P2P related HUD elements works.
    If you drive GT3 cars(which has no P2P), with gears above 2 or 3 and with high RPM, 'P2P Available LED' turns on. But you can’t turn P2P on because GT3 cars doesn’t have one.
    There should be no P2P related HUD element when driving cars without DRS.

3. Some HUD text color can’t be changed

There was no problem before the recent patch. But I can’t change the HUD text color of Fuel, Battery, Battery usage.
    Some say I should change the color of Font texture, but there was no problem with the fuel text color before the recent patch. (since there were no Battery, Battery usage text before) And other texts have no problem (such as FuelUsedLastLap, DriverAheadSplit, etc)
    Actually I use HUD that shows bright text front and same black text in the back with slightly different position as below (which method the former default 397 HUD used), and only Fuel, Battery, Battery usage texts are all white.

TEXT = Fuel
    ScreenPos = 0.471, 0.001
    Scale = 1.000, 1.000
    Justification = 1 // 0 = left, 1 = right, 2 = center
    Colors = 0, 0 (← this means black but it shows white. After I set it to RGB=000 in Moddev and save HUD and close Moddev, when I open the INI file, it is changed to [Colors = 16777215, 16777215] which is white. You can also notice that however you change RGB in Moddev, the color is always white.)

TEXT = Fuel
    ScreenPos = 0.470, 0.000
    Scale = 1.000, 1.000
    Justification = 1 // 0 = left, 1 = right, 2 = center
    Colors = 16777215, 16777215

DJCruicky likes this.