Driving in wet...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Santos, Dec 27, 2012.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

@CdnRacer
    Definately!
    I really doesn't have the time (or motivation:)), to spend several hours of testing, to find a proper setup for the relating condition. Mostly I do only some small changes (brakebalance, wings, tirepressure) to default setup and that's it.
    I really hope we get some proper wet-setups with the release version, whenever it comes.

I think the FISI tires have general a little bit to less grip, and the wet's more then dry ones.

Agree with Spinelli, you really get a lot more feedback and information from the tyres in real motorsport (in my case only Kart, private car and motorbyke). :)

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have, at infineon raceway in a f1600, an f2000 (the f2000 was on slicks though, as the track was drying in the sun, still slippery though), at mosport in a different f2000 (older van deiman chassis), and at a small 1 mile training development track beside mosport with the same older f2000, and quite frankly the lack of grip felt pathetic.

Edit: also skippy at lrp (regional/school version) but it was only spitting and misty. It hadn't rained in a long time, and so this very light rain makes the oils in the ground rise to the surface and made it GREASY AS HELL! Experienced this many times on the track next to mosport as well

Staying on the dry line was suicide, I mean like in every car/condition if u slowed down enough you would be ok, but your laptimes would then be very un-competitive, and good luck coming in the top 10 or 15.

Don't believe me? Look at any racing series' laptimes from dry to full wet, read books about, watch f1 races and listen to what ex-driver commentators like brundle and coulthard say.

Not quite sure what's making you think the wet grip is too low, especially considering the fact most think it's still too high, I hate driving the GTR in the wet, i dunno why but it feels sort of sim-cadey to me.

That could also mean the track may even have less grip, i think isi said at the moment the track is just modeled as being slippery and wet, but with no standing water or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Well try it, the raintires seem to have less grip on a wet surface than the dry tires do.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Spinelli, my friend, try F2 at malaysia short track (you have to choose all cars&tracks) with rain on (no drying line) and check for yourself.

Cheers.

5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

1 person likes this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Oh forgot something, only auto clutch, no driving aids...