Driver swap without tire change

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Enzo Fazzi, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi Registered

Hello,

In an endurance race two weeks ago, me and my teammate swapped drivers without changing tires in the Oreca 07, using the soft compound. As soon as I got control from my teammate, I noticed the tire temps were incredibly high, especially given that fact that the car had driven through the pits at 80km/h without turning and then sitting still for 38 seconds to do the pitstop. They should've been quite cold.
    For the remainder of the stint, the tire temperatures and pressures did not behave the same way they did when I practiced a double stint on the soft compound ahead of the race. They stayed an average of 10 degrees hotter than when a single driver would do a double stint and obviously had far less grip.
    I tried cooling them down by taking it easy for about 2 laps but it had no effect.
    Track used: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508582012

Here's a screengrab of the first 2,5 seconds of my Motec log. Unfortunately, my teammate does not have his log, but logic dictates that the tires shouldn't have been this hot.
    [​IMG]

And here's a screengrab of a full stint in the race that got ended with a code 80 and a splash of fuel, which should show how the tires are after a run through the pits and sitting still for 38 seconds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    neuer31 likes this.