Drive Through Penalty (Monaco)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by franky500, Mar 31, 2012.

1. franky500

franky500 Registered

I managed to get myself a Drive Through Penalty at monaco, but don't see any way that i can take it, I tried simply driving slow down the right side of the home straight (through where my pitbox would have been) and did not get anything cleared.

I crashed the car half way round the next lap so did not get a chance to try again :D.

So... Is there a way to take a Drive Through on the historic tracks? Or is that a penalty that needs to be removed from being possible on those tracks (note i got the penalty from a false start just before the green).

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've never had one at Monaco... As there is no speed limit you shouldn't need to slow down though... So it's kind of weird having them at all. Do you know why you had the drivethrough at all? What did you do?

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe I can give it a bit more light since I get them all the time ;)
    Driving out of the pits; there is no light and I always get a penalty for that. I really have to watch the time start running for the session to drive off.

Also; I can't see where to drive into the pits? But I assume, you can't there? Haven't driven a race there yet though.

4. franky500

franky500 Registered

Yeah, i had a false start, went early enough to get a drive through, but not early enough to get a stop - go.

obviously a drive through you can serve by calling a pit request and serving a stop go down the main straight, But for a drive through i just cannot see a way.

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Not sure, but I think I had a drive through penalty for cutting the first corner also

6. franky500

franky500 Registered

Another note (sure it should be another thread) but the Safety car does not appear to exist on monaco either (shows SC on the tracking line at bottom of screen), but no physical car is in view, it also does not move on that line so something is wrong there.!

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is a man waving in the old tracks instead of a light. :)

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Tim,

Ah, thanks! Didn't know that; I'm just not that old ;)

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Tim meant, that the waving man is actually there in the game :p maybe you can't see him because you have trackside animation of!?

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks, I got what he meant, but never saw the man as that probably :)
    I see myself thinking "what the hell is that loser doing there?" ;)

I am 40, didn't live in the sixties so I didn't see it done that way.......bit of paying attention and I should have known though :shame:

11. MrPix

MrPix Registered

On the original topic, I have not managed to 'pay the penalty' on the drive through's either, any idea on how you can do this?... I have had the occaisional drive through/stop go penalty @ Monoco but can't find anyway to redeem/pay/carry it out to clear it.

Based on the man at the pit exit waving his hand, I guess it should be a walking man waving a lantern and a flag at the head of the pack... (sarcasm) ... seriously though, I have had the same experience as well.

Maybe the track needs a fine tune Tim... ;)

12. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Took me a while to figure this out when I first got the game.

If the guy has his hand up like he wants to give you a high five, DO NOT GIVE THE HIGH FIVE!! JUST STOP!!

If he's waving his hand, either low or high, that means he's telling you to get on the track.

The reason the pit exit is closed is because you are trying to leave the pits before the timer for the session has started.

Okay, so how does one serve a drive-thru penalty? Press the "Request Pit" key (default 'S'), and you'll see it right there as the first option :)